The Magic Knight Exam (Part One)

3rd Person's POV

Six months after the awarding ceremony of grimoires, the magic knight exam has finally arrived and every aspiring magic knight participant is in the Noble realm where the exam venue is being held.

Magic knights are warlocks. There are 9 orders in all that directly serve the emperor. They risk their lives fighting for the kingdom. All the subjects of the kingdom looked up to them.

"I'm really getting nervous now."

"Whoa! Ow! What the hell is with these birds!?"

"They're released at this time only...Guys with 'less magic' get more on them."

"Go away!"

The participants are talking to other participants as they get flocked by the anti-magic birds that detect who has less mana, the less mana one has the more birds flock to them. 

"Look at that guy. There are no birds around him."

"Same with the girl beside him. Are they the rumored country bumpkins of the forsaken realm that managed to be chosen by the 4 leaf clovers grimoires?"

"Seems like it."

Asta then suddenly step up behind Yuno and Hiromi as he talked about how the exam is the first step toward their goal to become the sorcery emperor and he'll show Yuno and every one the result of his training for six months.

Many anti-magic birds are surrounding Asta as they nestle on his head and some also pecked him on his face and pulled on his cheeks and hair. 

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!! WHAT'S WITH THESE DAMN BIRDS!!??"

Asta began to run around as he tried to shake off the birds that are following him. Everyone was looking at him and laughing at him as they watch him make a fool of himself.

At the aforementioned bumpkin town of Hage. 

"I can understand Yuno and Hiromi, but to also send Asta...are you sure that's wise? That book he got... is that really a grimoire?"

"Not a clue."

"What?"

"Since I don't know, I asked the magic knights to look at it."

"..."

'That grimoire...It couldn't be...'

The tower master who is sitting behind his table at his office sat contemplating the appearance of the five-leaf clover that Asta received. Father Orsi tried to nonchalantly say that Asta would fail and soon return home and besides, he got Yuno and Hiromi looking after him.

"W-Well, I'll bet you he'll fail and simply return home. Besides, Yuno and Hiromi are with him so he should be fine."

"Asta..." 'Are you really doing well?'

Bach is at the exam site where Asta is still running around to shake off the birds but just as he was running he bumped into a tall man. The birds sensed the man's mana and aura and began to fly away from him as they avoid the area where the man is standing. 

"I'm sorry for bumping into..."

"You wanna die boy?"

The man turned to look at Asta menacingly and Asta paled in fright and shock at the height and appearance of the man.

'WHO THE HELL IS THIS!!? I'm dead meat!

Asta who bumped into the man paled and tried to calm down as he began thinking at how gangster-like the man is but soon managed to calm down.

'Try to be friendly

"You look really old for a 15 y/o, what kind of trouble have you gone through?"

Everyone paled at Asta'r remark as the atmosphere was filled with awkward silence that was broken by the giant man grabbing Asta's head 

"I guess you are really ready to die." The man said in a threatening and gruff voice

The man was interrupted by a young man with brown hair, the young man asked the man named Yami what he was doing and was soon answered

"Huh? Just putting some kid out of his misery."

The young man stopped him and said that they can't have a captain killing a participant and that asked him what even he was doing in the participants' area.

"I went to take a sh#t and got lost," Yami said as he was still holding Asta's head in a death grip.

Everyone began to whisper as they recognize the young man who was talking to Yami as Finral Rulacase who use the rare space(area) magic but was known to be a womanizer and that his womanizing was interfering with his work. Then they began to talk about the other man behind Finral who looks like a ghost and was muttering to himself as Gordon Agrippa who uses Hex magic but because he is bad at communicating and some find him frightening he ended up in the worst squad in the whole magic knights' squads. Then they finally introduced Yami Sukehiro who is the captain of the Black Sheep's Crook which is the worst squad in the kingdom. The squad was known to have more damage reports than achievements on the battlefield and missions and it was known that there is no sane person in the squad. It's a squad that no one wants to join.

 It's a squad that no one wants to join