"Would you like a tour?" I ask.

Liam falters. "Umm—"

"No need," insists Nan, waving me off. "He's already been here."

Oh.

"When?" I ask, making eyes at the pair of them.

"A few days ago."

I playfully whack Liam over the shoulder with my flowers, smirking. "You sly dog!"

He laughs and I swear his baritone husk fills the entire house.

"How was the wedding?" he asks, following us into the kitchen.

I tense a little, unsure how much Nan has shared with Liam regarding why I'm here and not at home.

"It was lovely!" I state, deciding to keep things light for the sake of their date night. "What have you been up to?'

"Gardening, mostly," he replies. "My tomatoes are finally looking good."

"Oh, you grow your own vegetables?" I ask, finding that really interesting. "I've always wanted to do that."

"It's not as difficult as it looks," he insists. "You just have to know what you're doing."

"Maybe you could teach me?" I suggest.

The smile that follows is blinding. "I'd love that."

Nan grins, simply watching our back and forth. In all honesty, it's the quietest I've ever seen her. Usually, she's the one driving conversation, but it seems today, she's taking a back seat.

"How's Freddie and Charlotte?" asks Liam, truly kind to include them in our chat.

"They're fine," I share.

Talking to Liam who—let's be honest—is an impartial person in all this is actually really nice. I've been nervous about seeing Freddie again, but after today's session with Rachael and now talking to Liam, I'm more excited than anything else. Perhaps even a little desperate.

"Shall we have a quick cuppa before we go?" suggests Nan, moving matters along.

I fire her my thanks and show Liam into the living room while Nan prepares our drinks.

"I've told my granddaughters about you. They can't wait to meet up."

My heart swells at the thought. "Tell me about them..."

Liam launches into an in-depth monologue about how wonderful they both are. He speaks with such fondness for both women and I truly adore that about him. His eyes light up the more he shares and by the time nan arrives with our teas, I'm as much in love with them as he is.

"I was hoping you'd join us for Sunday lunch next week?" he offers, waiting for Nan to sit down. "I usually cook for the family, and they're really excited to meet you both."

I fire a smile towards Nan.

"That would be lovely," she insists, lightly touching Liam's shoulder.

He winks.

"Bring Freddie and Charlotte too."

"That's nice of you to include them too," I say, hoping he knows how much I appreciate his need to validate my relationship with Freddie.

"Of course," he replies. "They're family."

I look to Nan and smile.

"Which reminds me," he says. "You better ask Helen to come too."

I love that Helen has also earned herself that honour.

"The women might gut me if I don't extend my offer to her."