18.1 // HERE YOU GO

Start from the beginning

"Then you'll owe me one for doing this for you," Diluc said, taking a sip of his grape juice.

"It's settled then." Alhaitham extended his arm across the table and opened his hand. Diluc sighed as he grabbed his friend's hand to shake it.

The two retracted their arms back, each taking a sip of their drinks at the same time. "So, what do you want me to do exactly?"

"Keep those two away from her. Simple as that. They'll probably sneak in when you aren't at the counter. They'll have an inside connection more than likely to let them know where you are." Alhaitham started to list out potential outcomes as if he was conducting results for research purposes.

"Right, don't you think (Y/N) will be concerned about some stranger coming up to her knowing her name, and telling her to follow me?"

"Just don't make it awkward," Alhaitham suggested, Diluc feeling his eyebrow twitch slightly.

Sometimes Alhaitham's stubbornness was a bit too much for him. Though he wasn't one to talk when it came to being stubborn.

"Kaveh isn't going to drink away my tavern, is he?" Diluc asked with a stern look.

"It would be interesting if he did. He might since he's not in the same vicinity as me for the time being." Alhaitham shrugged his shoulders as he didn't care what the blond was going to do. Alhaitham knew that he wouldn't have to wear his soundproof earphones tonight, hopefully.

Diluc turned around, raising a hand up at his friend. "Alright, you should get going now. I'll take care of those two if they try anything tonight. Don't go too crazy on the alcohol."

Alhaitham looked off to the side as he felt dread slowly crawling up his arm. "Don't let Cyno order the hardest liquor."

"Before I let you all step foot in here tonight, do you all have designated drivers home?" Diluc turned back to look at Alhaitham, who had a blank expression on his face.

"I'm sure we will. Layla probably won't drink, she can take Mona and (Y/N) if those two decide to drink."

"And you?" The redhead asked, Alhaitham shrugging once more. "You could drive me back to my place."

Diluc let out a sudden laugh which made his friend narrow his eyes. "Read the room. Get (Y/N) to drive you home. If Layla and Mona are this invested in what the stars are telling them, they will leave her behind."

Alhaitham propped his elbow up and turned away, covering the lower part of his face. "I don't think that will happen." His ear tips were slightly warm at Diluc's suggestion.

Diluc smiled at the grey-haired male, shaking his head at his actions. "If you see those two sneak in while I'm not visible, shoot me a text. That way your friends won't be suspicious of your actions. I'm sure you can't reason for calling me over or walking over to me and two minutes later I'm walking down with the girl you like."

"Yeah, whatever. Just make sure those two don't try anything funny. Childe and Lumine aren't a thing right now." Alhaitham reminded Diluc, who nodded.

"Oh, I know. Jean has already told me. It was quite a bit of a scene that was made, wasn't it?"

"I wouldn't know, I wasn't there. Remember, I'm the antisocial one." Alhaitham pointed to himself as if he in a way mocking Diluc.

"Says the one who has a crush on someone."

Alhaitham suddenly got up and he placed his hands on the counter with some force. "I'll see you tonight." With that, the grey-haired male exited the tavern, leaving Diluc standing there all by himself. Or well, so he thought it was the two of them.

"Diluc, I don't think I should've been here for that conversation."

"He knew you were here. Otherwise, he would've called you out. He's sharper than you think."

Jean smiled sheepishly as she let out a small laugh. "Yes, he's the one who's majoring in three subjects, right?"

"He's a studyholic to a lot of people. I'm intrigued to see who this (Y/N) is that caught his eye."

-

=

-

=

-

=

-

ACCIDENTAL√ WILL BE ON BREAK NEXT WEEK (02/22)
> IRL MATTERS TO ATTEND TO <
 stay healthy and remember to take care of yourselves
SEE YOU 03/01 (march 1st) utc-5 — utc-8 10:00—13:00 est post time
posting early or else I wouldn't have been able to post on the scheduled day.

ANXME