I'm here for you

Author: Ahh this is my first time writing I hope it's good!

Pip was on her laptop, looking over the final episodes of the third season of her podcast: The DT killer's murder. In other words, Jason Bell's murder. Ever since Max Hastings was found guilty for his murder, Pip was free to go home and finally see her friends and family again. The best part of it all was getting to see Ravi again. The year and a half without him, waiting to hear if she or Max would be convicted of Jason Bell's murder, was torture. She remembered receiving a message from Ravi three minutes after the verdict.

Hey Sarge...Remember me?

She had to place a hand over her mouth to keep from sobbing. He had no Idea how much she longed to hear from him again. She often wondered, during that year and a half, if he hated her for leaving him, if he'd ever found someone new. As much as it'd hurt to see him start a life with someone that wasn't her, she wouldn't blame him. She'd be happy for him, even if she wasn't happy without him. She cried so much when she read that message that she could barely even type out a response. 

Suddenly she heard a loud bang noise that snapped her out of her thoughts and right back to somewhere she didn't want to be ever again. 

Charlie, please, I'm begging you! Please don't do this! PLEASE! Don't kill him!

She got up from her bed, hyperventilating now. 

Please don't shoot!

PIP, GET AWAY FROM ME. It's okay. Stand back.

She stumbled over to her desk, frantically searching through her drawers for something she swore she would never take again. No matter how many times she promised, she knew deep down that they were empty promises. She felt around and grabbed a ziploc bag that was buried underneath a bunch of papers. She opened it and looked inside, only to find that it was empty. 

"Shit!" She threw the bag on the floor and tears rolled down her cheeks.

I'm here and now, not there and then.

She felt her hands becoming wet and looked down at them. It was blood. Stanley's blood. It wasn't just on her hands, it was all over her. It was soaking her white t-shirt and black sweatpants. She tried to wipe the blood of her hands, but it was no use. Her eyes filled with tears to the point where she couldn't even see anymore, just splotches of colors in her vision.

I'm here and now, not there and then.

Six gunshots.

Six holes in Stanley.

She was panicking so much that she didn't even recognize Ravi knocking on the door in the same pattern as always, the one that usually made her heartbeat race. Long-short-long.

She placed two hands over her mouth to keep herself from screaming, and slid down against the wall just as Ravi walked in. Her vision was still blurry from the tears that never stopped. 

"Pip—Oh my god, what happened? Pip?" Ravi immediately ran over to her and fell to his knees beside her, a concerned look replacing the smile that was there when he walked in.

"I can't, I can't." She sobbed, holding on to Ravi's sleeves.

"Hey, Hey, It's okay. I'm here, It's gonna be okay," He pulled her closer towards him and pressed her head against his chest, stroking a hand through her hair to comfort her.

"It's-It's Stanley," Her voice was muffled against his shirt and she couldn't talk in full sentences until she was completely calmed down, but she knew Ravi understood what she meant.

"You're okay. You're not there, You're here with me."

Pip's grip on his sleeve tightened as the tears slowed but didn't stop. Her breathing was slowly going back to normal as she kept hearing Ravi's voice comforting her.

"Shh, you're okay."

After a few minutes, she pulled away from him and gave him a weak smile. Her face was stained from the tears. Ravi pulled up his sleeve and wiped her tears away, smiling back at her.

"I'm sorry," She began, but he cut her off.

"Don't be sorry. I'm here whenever you need me, Okay?"

She looked down at the carpet on her bedroom floor. "Hey, Look at me." He lifted her chin up to look at him and he kissed her. She couldn't resist a smile and neither could he. 

"I love you."

"I love you too, Sarge. Just remember: Whenever you need me, I don't care if it's in the middle of the night or early in the morning, I will always be here for you. Always."