A ledge in hell (GreenxPurple)

Purple walked along, eating another piece of steak. He'd been through multiple fortresses, searching for nether warts for a cake. He drank a healing potion, doing away some of his burns and bruises from fighting blazes and wither skeletons. He had decided to walk due to his elytra being on low durability. As he walked, there seemed to be a relative quietness. In the far distance, he could hear Piglin communities talking amongst each other in a series of grunts and oinks. There was the sound of creatures screaming in pain as they fell into lava and subsequently burned, sizzling to ash. The lava, though hundreds of blocks beneath him, made the whole Nether feel scorching hot. 

As he trudged slowly, he could see a figure, sitting at the ledge above the lava lake. He couldn't see them clearly due to the ash from burning creatures down below. yet, he knew who it was without needing to ask. As he sat down beside her, he could see the great expanse that was the lava lake. A blazing orange with red netherack lining the edges. A red haze hung over, making the striders that roamed far seem to vanish. She ate a golden carrot, gazing off into seeming nothingness. 

They both sensed each others presence. Green sighed, the Nether's heat intense yet relaxing. She enjoyed it here. The quiet. The nothingness. The heat. It made her feel she was alone yet with something. Someone. Close to her.

"Where're the others?" Purple asked, his voice heavy from how tired he felt. He was glad to meet her out here. 

"Red and Orange are together on a date. I didn't wanna bother them." she replied softly, dropping the wood like stem of her carrot into the lava below.

"And Blue and Yellow?"

She smiled softly, almost chuckling before saying "You know how those two are. Flirting with each other, insulting each other. Probably f###ing each other.". Her lips curled as she held her breath, trying not to laugh. "I don't wanna get between them. Besides, it's strangely nice being here without them. So quiet yet comforting. I know it's basically Minecraft's equivalent of hell but compared to being in the computer all day its.....nice. The only real problem is the heat.".

"I prefer the End. It's got everything you talked about. And it's cool.".

They both sat there in silence, comforted by each other's presence. Green placed one of her hands down, right next to Purple's. She seemed to be sweating but brushed it off as the lava lake causing that.

To break the tension, she inquired "Have you been to the End since.....?". He put his right arm down, grabbing a bottle before chugging down the red liquid. 

Finally, after what seemed an eternity, he replied "Yeah. A few times. The baby dragon that hatched out of the Egg has grown quite a bit. Being in the end is like being in a swimming pool with no water, with your own thoughts. It feels good. Like having a run after sitting down all day.".

"You'd know how it feels to go on a run." she snarkly replied, chuckling a bit more. He chuckled with her, finding her joke funny. She always could find a way to make her laugh. As could he for her. Their hands moved (though neither realised) closer, touching each other.

Then again, there was silence. It was drawn out, filled with the occasional scream of a ghast or the agonized shrieks of a Piglin falling into lava. Her hand slipped under his as she grabbed a honey bottle from her pocket and began slowly drinking, here heart pumping harder. She bit her lip, her head spinning. 

"Green?" Purple inquired.

"Hmm?".

"Have you ever....loved someone before?".

She squeezed his hand as he he realised that both their hands were locked together. His heart was in his throat, he mind spinning as he wondered why he'd ask her such a personnel question. Yet, after a few seconds of tension, she responded.

"I....I have. I love someone. He's funny. He's talented. He's smart. He's good looking and kind and sweet and has an amazing voice. But.....I don't think he likes me back.". 

The words came out of her mouth quickly, like water spilling out of a cup. Yet, her words felt genuine to Purple. He squeezed her hand, giving her reassurance without needing to utter a sound. She closed her eyes, holding back tears as they sat together. In the distance, a fortress seemed to have battle occurring on it's roof. A rouge blaze fireball whirled in their direction. Purple used his free hand to grab Green by her chin, pulling her out of the way and close into a kiss.

In the distance, the battle on the fortress roof seemed to explode as fireworks of all different colours illuminated the darkness of hell. Green was taken aback by the sudden kiss yet made no attempt to push him away. A sensation of joy and relief overcame her as she felt a heavy weight lift off her mind. She squeezed his hand, her other arm resting on his shoulder as they parted, foreheads pressed against each others.

"I loved from the first day I knew you. I won't lose you. I promise." he whispered, his throat raspy and his brain buzzing. He felt a happiness he hadn't felt in what seemed to have been an eternity. It was though a void in his heart had been filled, one which had been etching away at him, clawing through him. Green used her spare hand to pull him closer into another kiss which he had no hesitation to.

.......