Bud scoffs as he replied. "How would I know, when it's not even here."

Glenn looked at him as if he had grown two heads and asked in disbelief. "Then how can you even tell that there are missing?"

Bud didn't reply and only gestured his hand toward the shelves.

Glenn hums thoughtfully, as he notes the empty spaces on the dark shelves where books and files were placed. "Maybe he left it that way."

"I don't think so," Bud answers, as he runs his fingers in one of the empty spaces in the shelves, and showed it to him.

There was not even a speck of dust.

It took a while for Glenn to realize. "Should we inform His Majesty?"

"Inform him what, that someone had invaded this place before we did when he distinctly said not to come here," he replied.

Not hearing a response, not that he was waiting for one, he then said.

"That's what I thought too."

In the Henituse estate, Basen busied himself with the paper works.

The silent atmosphere was quite heavy, only the ticking of the clock and the sound of his pen as he signs the paperwork was heard.

While his butler stood beside the door silently, still wore a calm and self-sufficient expression, and his posture was both elegant and straight, as he patiently waits for his master's order.

These days, Basen had locked himself in his study, barely eating and sleeping, as though it was some form of punishment to himself.

Forbidding everyone, not even his mother to enter. Thus, the old butler could only wait outside.

Basen sighed, trying to keep his frustration at bay.

His head was throbbing, the image of his brother as he drew his last breath, kept replaying inside his head.

His writing paused as he inexplicably felt his chest tighten, dropping his quill pen on the desk and knocking over the bottle of ink, causing the ink to sprawl over the papers.

Basen cursed under his breath as he took a napkin to wipe it.

He sighed in defeat as he realize he couldn’t get rid of the stain no matter how hard he tried and had to start over again.

He threw the napkin on his desk, then loosened his tie and unbuttoned the top button of his suit.

He closes his eyes, his ears still ringing with the sound of his brother's uneven breath.

"....Hyung-nim,"

In the meantime, Violan sat motionless on the bed, she was barely discernable in the darkness.

She was still wearing her mourning clothes from the night before.

Tears trickles down the side of her face as she looked over the window, the glass was blurred due to the drizzle pattering outside, and she wasn't sure how long had time slipped by.

"Mother?" A voice called out behind her.

Violan recovered to her senses, she turned her head and saw Lily standing by the door.

Lily blinked her eyes and adjusted her sight in the dark.

She then flicks the light on, illuminating the room. She felt a commotion growing in her heart as she saw her mother in a state of disarray, looking haggard and weak.

"What are you doing here?" Lily asked softly, she then lightly coughed as she inhaled the dust.

The room still hasn't been cleaned, even the remnants of Cale's previous outburst were still there.