"Not everyone is like you, Phil." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Haha. I was only messing with him, darling."

"He would really appreciate if you don't."

"And how do you know that?" Phil challenged as he gave me a sly smirk.

"I-" I was at a loss of words. I don't know why but I suddenly got this feeling of protecting Jake from jerks like Phil.

What the hell is wrong with me?! I don't even know the guy!

The ringing of the bell interrupted us and I was more than grateful for that.

***

Well.. It turned out that not only was Jake really good looking, but a genius too.

He knew the answers to almost all the questions the teachers would ask us in the class and quizzes. He aced all his tests and the teachers were really content with him and his performance.

"Hey! Do you know that opposites attract? Look at him. Such a smartie, while you! You barely pass the classes. I really think that you two would look so cute together." Jessy gushed with a dreamy look in her eyes.. Probably already imagining my and Jake's wedding.

"Are you insulting me or praising me?"

"Both! Or neither?" She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Listen. I'm not interested in him." I decided to put her out of her own confusing thoughts.

"You're lying!"

"Am not."

"Yeah. You can lie to me but how will you lie to yourself?" She asked with a smirk.

This girl was crazy.

I had no interest in Jake... Right?

"Hey, Jake. I was wondering if you could help me with this math equation. It's really messing with my head." Hannah, the prettiest girl of the class came over to him.

"Yeah. Sure." Jake went with her to her seat and started explaining the equation to her.

I was watching the two of them interact like a hawk. Not even blinking.

"You explain it so well! I understand it all now! Thank you so much, Jake." Hannah squealed like a lil crazy bitc-

"Woah calm down your jealousy, you're about to break my pencil." Jessy took her pencil out of my tight hold.

I didn't even realise that I was holding it so tight.

"I'm not jea-"

"Don't even try." She gave me a blank look.

"Why don't you just talk to him?" She whined.

"Because I don't need to."

"But you want to."

I opened my mouth to say something but closed it again. Maybe she's right.

"But how should I ta-"

"Hey Jake!" Jessy yelled, interrupting his chat with Hannah... Well it was just Hannah who was talking a million miles an hour. Jake was just awkwardly standing there listening to her.

"Yeah?" He asked, a bit hesitant.

"MC here really needs your help." She gestured towards me and my heart almost stopped beating when his eyes looked over at me.

His deep blue eyes seemed to stare right into my soul and I was trapped under his gaze. The two of us just kept staring at each other until Jessy cleared her throat.