Love that stood above the rest

Start from the beginning

" You can find them in the nearest convenience store!" - I said with a joyful smile.

Y/N: " But the store won't be open until eight!"

" It's fine, okay? It's just a one-hour wait. No need to be such a lazy baby!"

Before he could even protest, I forcefully pushed him out of the house. Of course, he could try to resist if he wanted to, but him not wanting to deal with my bossiness made him lose the will to resist. As soon as he stepped outside the house, I immediately closed the door and locked it from the inside.

" Thank you for doing this for me, Dear! You're a lifesaver!"

I heard him release a long sigh from behind the door. Curious, I leaned my ear against the door to listen to what he had to say.

Y/N: " I guess doing this is the job of the husband... And you can't really say no to your gorgeous wife, can't you?"

Soon after, I heard his footsteps slowly leaving the apartment.

' He called me his wife...'

I subconsciously squeezed my chest at that moment, feeling it beat a hundred ticks per minute. Just recalling what he just said made me lost in thoughts failing to realize how red my face got.

' I mean, I shouldn't be surprised by this. He did tell me he loves me during the two nights trip. Though it was when he thought I was asleep...'

Shaking my head, I snapped myself out of my deep thoughts. I had a bigger and urgent matter to work on, so I steeled myself and wore my game face on.

" Right. Let's get started, shall we?"

I took out my phone and started calling a friend from work. None other than Shirakami Fubuki, herself.

Fubuki: " Matsuri-chan?"

" Yeah. He's gone."

Fubuki: " Okay. Give me two minutes."

Two hours later...

" What do you think, Fubuki? Are we finished?"

Fubuki: " Yep! All decorations and food are set! All that's missing now is the birthday boy, himself!"

In just two hours, Fubuki and I managed to fully decorate the entire apartment with balloons and tarpaulins, along with all the various types of food lined up on the table waiting to be feasted on. With such great achievement, I couldn't contain my excitement so I cheerfully pulled Fubuki in for a tight hug; she only giggled as a response.

" Thank you so much for helping me, Fubuki! I can't tell you how much I needed every help I could get!" - I abruptly broke the hug and looked straight into her eyes with a wide smile.

Fubuki: " Hehe... You know you could always count on me for help, Matsuri-chan." - She smiled back.

' Fubuki has always been the most considerate member in all of Hololive. She's a great leader who always tries her best for everyone... Hence why I didn't hesitate to call her for help in organizing a surprise party for Y/N.'

Fubuki: " But you know we would have finished the preparations quicker if we asked for the other members' help, right?"

" No! I mean, sure, I'm sure everyone would have loved to help, but some of the girls are like loose canons! It'll be impossible to make this a surprise party if we have them all involved. You're the only person I can trust to keep their mouth shut, Fubuki."

Fubuki: " I see... Well, you do have a point... You're really serious when it comes to L/N-kun, huh?" - She frantically nodded her head.

I grabbed both her hands and squeezed them tightly. Fubuki's ears could only stiffen as a response as I didn't let her say anything back. With both my eyes shining with excitement and passion, I opened my mouth and gave her my response...