Chapter 2

.
.
.
Kurapika's POV*

At the end of the day I did die that night back in 1660. When I punched the vampire in the stomach he spit up blood, some of his, so instead of killing me, he turned me. That night after I ran from the Karth clan I was unaware what was happening to me. I ended up going back, massacring the whole village. It wasn't my fault, I blacked out from blood lust, I had zero control of myself, which is apparently very normal for a new vampire. I learned that I was a day walker, when I forgot I was a child of the night, I stepped into the sun and I didn't burn up. There are ways to walk in the sun as a vampire, wearing clothes that cover you fully, and a couple other ways, though I don't know them. I have no idea why I can walk in the sun without anything. After I while I learned to control my urges. I learned about the abilities as well. I can run fast, heal people wounds with my blood, I could turn off my emotions, though it's hard to turn them back on I learned back in the year 1780. Bad time in my life. I am also super strong and I can use something called compulsion which comes in handy when I need to feed, mostly in this day and age.

The year was 2023. I'm technically 380 years old. I was 17 when I turned long ago and still look the part. I haven't aged a single day. I settled in New Orleans, the town was riddled with vampires. Most of the time we minded our business, the police in this town know about the vampires and they made a deal. The vampires had there land, anything on their land goes without penalty. If a vampire travels into their land and causes a problem, they have every right to be hunted down.

It is currently night time and the city becomes lively. I find myself in front of one of my buddies under ground clubs. The bounce let's be through knowing me. The music made the ground shake as I continued down the stairs to the club. This was a vampire club though there is humans. Some humans enjoy being bitten by vampires, it gives them a high or pleasure or something. They know the risks, there's a possibility that they could die. Most vamps here have control though so that rarely happens, and besides they want them to come back again.

"Kura, glad to see you joining us today." I hear, I look over and it's my friend, mouth bloody from sucking blood out of some man.

"Ah, hey Killua, how's it going?" I walk over to him.

"Mm, good as always, wanna join?" He grabs the man by the arm shoving his wrist in my direction.

"I'm good for now, where's your lover boy at? Your usually with him." I smirk.

"Ah, he ran to the bathroom, he should be back in a moment."

Killua has fallen for a human boy, I told him it wasn't a good idea but he is stubborn, though I totally ship them. Everyone in the club knows not to touch him, Killua is one of the oldest here and he would rip their heads off in a matter of seconds, he also owns the club. Killua was actually the first person I turned back in 1857. He was my best friend, I saved him from dying in a war, he was a soldier on the front lines. I fed him my blood and he's been by my side ever since. (Killua turned at 19 years old)

I sighed sitting down on a couch next to a couple that was making out. I watched the vamps and humans for awhile, it's insane seeing humans wanting this. I need a drink, and not blood. I stand up from the couch and walk over to the bar, the bartender was new, very handsome.

"Ah, I haven't seen you here before? What's your name darling?" I grin.

"E-lie, how about you?"

I could tell he was human, by the smell. I smelled something else on him something like a herb. I won't be able to compel him.

"Mm, just a vamp that needs a drink, liquor of course." I grin.

"What would you like?"

"I'll take a Bourbon."