008: Closer Than Before

You're in Ichika's perspective.

Tuesday Morning.
6:40am.

I woke up hearing my mom listening to the news. It was going to be rainy. Great. I put on my uniform and put my things in my bag. I did my bed before leaving. I went downstairs to see my mom putting a bowl at the table.

Ichika: What's for breakfast, mom?
Ichika's Mom: Ohitashi.
Ichika: Oh, alright.

I sat down and ate my breakfast. I kept thinking about that time Saki kissed my cheek. Apparently I was blushing.

Ichika's Mom: Ichika, why are you blushing?
Ichika: Oh! I'm just thinking of someone.....
Ichika's Mom: Is it that Saki girl you always talk about?

My eyes widened. I almost spat out my food. How did she know? Does she know I have a crush on her? Maybe I gave my mom too many hints....

Ichika: Uhm..... y-yeah....... how did y-you know.?
Ichika's Mom: You always talk about her to me. Even if your not talking to me, I overhear you. Well, better get going, right? Here's the umbrella.
Ichika: Mhm... thanks mom!

I finished my breakfast and put the bowl in the sink. I picked up my bag and got the umbrella. I went outside. It looked like it was raining hard. I went outside. I looked both ways and surprisingly, I saw Saki!

Saki: Heyyy!! Ichi-chann!!!
Ichika: Huh? Saki? What are you doing here??
Saki: I was waiting for you, silly!

Saki was waiting for me? Normally I would wait for her but.... I blushed a little. I built up the courage and ran to her and held her hand. I saw Saki blushing a little. I smiled and started walking.

You're in Saki's perspective.

Ichi-chan just held my hand! Her hands are so warm.... I could hold her hand forever! We met Hona-chan and Shiho-chan in the courtyard.

Ichika: Hi, guys!
Honami: Oh? You seem happy!
Shiho: Uhm... Saki, Ichika,, your hands..
Saki: Huh?

That's right.... me and Ichi-chan are still holding hands. We stopped holding hands. I was all flustered!! I hid my face in embarrassment. I could hear Ichi-chan chuckling. I calmed down a bit and stopped hiding my face. I didn't eat any breakfast today. My stomach growled.

Ichika: Saki, are you hungry?
- Saki nods -
Ichika: Well, here.

Ichika-chan looked through her bag pockets and found a snack. She gave it to me. It was a Muji Strawberry White Chocolate Baumkuchen Cake. Ichi-chan was so nice!

Saki: Woah! Ichi-chan, you didn't have to!
Ichika: Well, I didn't want you to starve until lunch...

I hugged Ichi-chan tight. She blushed. She hugged me back. I think I'll try confessing tomorrow. I'll go talk about it to Hona-chan and Shiho-chan.

Honami: Well, we better get to class. See you!
Saki: Wait!
Shiho: Huh?

I went closer to them and whispered to both of them.

Saki: Can I talk to you both at lunch? Ichi-chan will be busy, so I'll have time to talk to you guys in private.
Shiho: Oh, sure.
Saki: Thanks!

I waved at them and started walking to class. I was snacking on the snack Ichi-chan gave me. It was really good! I held Ichi-chan's hand again.