Connection

It was the morning after Näkaynì's vision. 

Tsireya invited them to hangout by the rocks. She had heard about what happened with Näkaynì, feeling bad for the girl, wanting to try and help get her mind off of things.

However Näkaynì politely declined since she was completely worn out from the events that transpired last night. 

She had had one of the worst visions she had ever experienced; after that-- she didn't get much sleep. 

Neteyam tried to reason with her, trying to convince her that it would be good to clear her head for a few, but Näkaynì reassured him that she was fine, she just needed to rest. Even though the vision of Quaritch had made Näkaynì's anxiety reemerge to an all-time high. 

Näkaynì knew she wasn't going to be able to rest, so she decided to make use of her time.

Breaking her from her thoughts, her mother had returned to their Marui with sea leaves to weave baskets with.

Her father was settled just outside their Marui, working on crafting a spear.

"You are up. How are you feeling?" Her mother asked after seeing that Näkaynì had finally come out of her corner.

Her father turned his head towards her direction after hearing the question, hesitantly waiting for her response.

"I am fine, feeling much better." Näkaynì answered with a slight smile, truly trying to make her parents believe her as she didn't want them worrying.

Jake sighed at her answer, knowing that she had already put her barriers back up, not wanting to talk about how she was really feeling.

"Näkaynì." Her mother said her name, knowing that she was holding back how she really felt.

"I said I am fine, mother." Näkaynì answered, her face hardening into a serious look, not wanting to bring up the subject any more.

She walked over to the pile of sea leaves that her mother had collected and grabbed a few, beginning to weave together a basket.

Her mother and father shared a quick, knowing glance. 

Näkaynì was shutting down emotionally. 

It was several hours later when Tsireya had a new activity for the Sully family. She was also silently hoping that Näkaynì would join in on this one, as it was quite special. 

She walked into the Sully Marui slowly, seeing Tuk, Neteyam, and Näkaynì all together in the middle as Kiri was out helping her parents in the village, and Lo'ak was out exploring.

Näkaynì was re-braiding a few of Tuk's braids that had come loose, as she heard Tuk complaining, "Sister it is too tight!"

"Tuk, if it isn't tight enough, they will simply come undone again." Näkaynì laughed slightly, finding her younger sisters whines slightly entertaining. 

"Just don't pull so hard." Tuk asked. 

"I mean, if you think that my hair-braiding is rough, I guess I could just get mom to come back and do them for you--" Näkaynì began to say, immediately being cut off by Tuk.

"No! You are doing perfect." Tuk seceded, knowing how harsh of a braider their mother was.

Neteyam laughed before noticing Tsireya's presence, who also held a bright smile on her face from the whole interaction. 

Tsireya realized that Näkaynì's family is what made her feel okay, grounded, even stable, and that was something she admired. 

"Tsireya, hey." Neteyam spoke up, grabbing the attention of both of his other siblings.