You were making your bed as you were instructed, the radio playing softly, then an interruption in the slow song. "We interrupt what you were listening to announce the missing princess of Hollis, any news on her royal highness will be greatly appreciated."

"Do you think she was taken?" One man asked.

Another scoffed. "Maybe for a ransom, to join forces or, to get us out of here."

"Listen up, I am going to be your sergeant." You heard Bucky's voice say he looked at all of you. "Don't let the news distract you from why you are here."

A different man scoffed. "American you don't understand, her cousin is here, she is one of the highest importance to our people, she-"

"She is not here, don't let this cloud your minds." Bucky told them. "Diner is at five."

Around four fifty, you walked out of the cabin and to the mess hall where all of you would eat. "You got here early." Bucky's voice chimed in. "You also seem chipper than the rest of the men from Hollis."

"I have a feeling my cousin will be just fine. I know her well enough." You told him knowingly.

"Cousin, does that make you royalty?" He teased you.

You tilted your head to the side. "Yeah, I'm a duke, but don't call me that, I'm still just eighteen year old August."

You and Bucky sat at dinner talking, getting to know one another and told stories about you and your cousin. "How did your family feel about you doing this? You're a duke, you wouldn't have to come."

"My cousin was raised like an older sister to me, she didn't want me to go, she thinks i'm too naive to fight in a war, I see where she's coming from she's good at heart, but my aunt and uncle were proud." You told him what happened a few days before.

"Well maybe she ran away to come protect you, maybe you're her." He stared at you intensely for a moment before bursting out in laughter. "Why would a princess join the army?" He scoffed, shaking his head. "She's probably too scared about getting her shoes wet."

You tried to hide your anger at his comment, you didn't come all this way let alone to a country, to be mocked. "Y/n, wouldn't care, she's never cared about the girly crap, we used to sword fight as kids with sticks and she could beat me every time." You bragged.

"Relax I didn't mean anything rude, I'm sorry if I offended you, she is your family and she is missing I'm sorry." Bucky said softly.

"How did your family react?" You asked him the same question.

"It was sadder, I was drafted, my family is proud. It's just hard to see your son or your brother go and not know if he will return. I thank god that my younger brother isn't eighteen yet, I know where your cousin is coming from, she just wanted you safe. This isn't just scary for us, it's scary for our families as well." He seemed sad at the thought of his family. "My friend-Steve- who is almost like a brother to me he was jellose."

"Why?" I asked.

"He's hard headed and got into fights more times than I can count, when we entered the war he started to try and enlist, he's tiny, and has so many health conditions, that there is no way for him to get into the army. You got a girl?" He asked me next.

"No, not yet at least. How about you?" Your lips pulled up in a small smile.

He sighed. "I've never been able to be tied down."

Bucky and you had befriended one another fast, he helped train you and the rest of the men from Hollis. Your friendship though on a military base was mostly goofy and playful. He was also quite charming. He also always tells you stories about him and his childhood best friend Steve.

One night you had to take a shower, you put it off for so long, but now you had to, late one night you walked to the showers. You walked into the room that had two sides of showers and a wall between the two sides, but other than that there was barely any privacy. You slowly strip taking off your shirt, and pants then underwear, but you slowly unwrapped the cloth bandage from around your breast, you took a deep breath, from the release of preacher, you started the water, you walked under it was freezing but eventually you got used to it.

You closed your eyes thinking of home, your favorite song, and your family, you began to humm, for the first time in weeks, your actual voice was heard. You almost tuned out the sound of the door closing but when you did in fact realize it you turned off the water, and wrapped a towel around yourself while grabbing all of your clothes. "Oh August it's just you." Bucky smiled looking me up and down. It looked awkward because you had the towel up to your chest. "Are you hiding something?" He arched eyebrow.

"No, it's just something I've done since growing up." You lied, obviously your cousin wore it around his waist. You'd seen him in the hall once.

"Oh." He said. "Well since I'm here, I might as well shower." Bucky shrugged, he began to take his clothes off, and everything started to come out. You had to stop yourself from staring for a second, then you turned away.

"I'll see you in the morning." You practically ran away.

The day your Regiment finally finished training, you were given your first mission.