Fortunately they were lucky enough to get a home that they could grow in since their goal was to have plenty of kids running around the place.

And finally, Kasie's house which she had to plan, decorate, and finalize the payments on all while working on her other clients homes.

If the month of October alone didn't prove her true boss-bitch status, then who knows what does.

Even though Kasie knew where everyone would be living, and how close they would be to one another, it still surprised her with exactly how close in proximity they were to one another.

For instance, Kasie's home and Jayson's home were located on the same street, just on opposite sides, in opposing cul-de-sacs. While Brandy & Derrick lived on a turn-off street more towards Jayson's side of the neighborhood, Kareem & Chasidy lived on a turn-off on Kasie's side.

All of their homes were within walking distance of each other and everyone was adjusting well surprisingly.

"Hm." He nodded in understanding. "What do you want to do for your birthday?" He asked, knowing that it was coming up soon.

"Well the weekend before some of my extended family members are coming down to celebrate at my parents house, then I'm going on vacation with Sasha and a couple other of my friends that you haven't met yet, and yeah... that's about it." She shrugged.

"Nothing the day of?" He frowned.

"No, I don't typically celebrate the day of- it's weird, I know but I have my reasons." She chuckled, transferring the steaks she was cooking onto a cutting board and cutting them into medium sized slices.

"It's not weird- different? Yeah, but it's not weird. Are you completely opposed to celebrating on your birthday orrr?" He asked, trying to gauge if he should plan something or not- even though he'd do something regardless.

"Um, not completely opposed. I just can never get into it for real, though. Like, my parents tried to do all the birthday stuff, but it's like I can't get into it. It's usually not a good day for me either- it feels like sometimes no matter how much I try to leave the past in the past, I can't, and I hate that because I'm over it, right? So, why is it still so prevalent in my mind?"

She huffed frustratedly, moving the sliced steak onto the edge of the two plates laid out in front of her, adding more to one than she did the other since she knew Jayson could eat.

"Have you tried therapy? I know it's helped me when it came down to the shit with my dad." He suggested.

"I could never get into it- I don't know, I just always end up feeling judged at the end of the day. Like, I hate the pity expressions that I get, even when they don't think they're doing it, they are and it pisses me off."

"I don't think therapy is something for everybody but I do think it is beneficial to those who can get into it for real. It's just not for me, and I accepted that as soon as I entered the foster care system." She spoke as she grabbed the pot of creamy, spicy alfredo pasta, taking some out with her tongs and plating them.

Jayson frowned, not really knowing where to take the conversation or how to respond to what she had just revealed to him. He was no therapist- and he knew that- so he lacked the proper knowledge and credentials to start suggesting different things. But if there was one thing that he had learned, it would be that writing things down in a journal was definitely relieving.

It was something he did pretty often; whenever he had the urge to really. He would write about anything and everything: his career, feelings, family, future, feats, wants, and things of that nature.

"Write it down." He shrugged. Kasie looked at him with a frown that told him that he needed to elaborate further.

"Your feelings, everything you can think of, write it down and then once you finish with the notebook either save it or burn it, and then get another one and repeat the process."

Kasie looked at him for a minute, taking in everything that he had just said. Writing things down? What will that fix?

Even though she was skeptical of the idea, she would give it a try just because she knew Jayson wouldn't deliberately steer her wrong.

"I'll try it out." She nodded, taking the garlic bread from the oven, coating it with another thin layer of butter before plating them.

After calling Deuce down to eat, they all sat and talked about everything and nothing, and long before they knew it the sun had gone down and it was way past Deuce's bedtime.

While Jayson was in the shower, Kasie was working as per usual. She was looking into her latest P.I.C clients which would consist of Ja Morant, Te'a Cooper, and another profile which she had yet to look at.

The home for Ja was already picked out and everything, all it needed was to be decorated and then the project would be finished with a payout of $450.1 k since he was with all the extra shit.

Te'a's home was still a work in progress and was slightly delayed since she had a pretty packed out schedule until the new year.

"Put that shit away baby." Jayson groaned, coming out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. He hated it when Kasie would push herself to work late at night, but he also knew that was something she was accustomed to so there wasn't much he could do about it.

"I just have one more and then I'm all yours, I promise." She smiled, pushing her glasses further up onto her face since they had fallen slightly.

"Tell me about it then." He shrugged.

"Um, okay." She clicked on the last profile for her P.I.C clients. "Rosewood, looking for a place in Texas- hm, this should be easy." She nodded, reading out the last name of her client.

"Great, now move that shit out the way." He continued to stand with just his towel wrapped around his waist.

Kasie laughed again, saving everything that needed to be saved before closing and moving her computer over to the nightstand.

Jayson pulled the cover back, grabbing her ankles to pull her to the side of the bed and slipping off her panties.

"Damn, sir. What happened to 'hello, how was your day?'." Kasie laughed.

"Hello, how was you day," He unveiled himself, tapping his dick onto her already wet pussy. "Blah blah, bla- ah shit." He groaned, slipping inside of her.

Kasie sucked in a sharp breath, "Ou fuck." She groaned, putting her hand on his lower stomach.

"Mmhm, take this shit." He bit his lip, stimulating her clit with the pad of his thumb.

i need y'all to use your context clues for this one.
HINT: seven

PSA: please stop asking me when i'm going to update. i do so, damn near everyday and i've never missed more than a day between updates. so please get out my DM's with that shit.

- thanks