Chapter 5: Demon on the Loose

Start from the beginning

By the time the brothers returned, they all helped her out. Mammon slowly let her go and the brothers approached.

Belphegor gave her his favorite comfy blanket and pillow.

Beelzebub gave her the snack and placed the ice pack over her forehead as she reclined against the wall.

Asmodeus placed a candle in each corner of the room, all of them having a soothing light aroma to them.

Leviathan went up to the small record player in the corner of the room and played the gentle music to calm her down.

Satan went up to her and handed her the stress ball and book to try and get her mind off the pain.

All of these remedies strangely helped her throbbing head in more ways than one. She ate the snack, then rested against the comfy pillow, staring at the brothers around her. The pain was beginning to subside, but sudden drowsiness suddenly filled her body. Mammon reached for and took the empty [wrapper, cup, etc.] out of MC's hand.

"Thank you all," she said before passing out from the overwhelming exhaustion.

Satan and Mammon both adjusted MC, having her lay on her side, comfortably against the soft pillow. Once she was sound asleep, the brothers all stared at her for a few moments, feeling both concern and relief.

After a few moments, they all cautiously stepped out of the room. All of them expressed how scared they were when they heard her screams as they made their way down the stairs and to the common room.

However, they all felt that before she fainted, she had recognized them for a split second.

......

"So what are we gonna do about MC's memory? Will It ever be restored? Or will she forget about us forever?" Luke asked.

"I don't know the extent of the damage done to her physically, but with some of my potions, I may be able to help slightly," Solomon said. "When it comes to her memory, I can't be too certain. I have some small potions, but they are all still in progress."

"Lord Diavolo! We have a new demon arriving!"

I turned to look at the door and saw Little D. No. 2 holding a piece of paper.

"Who are they?" Diavolo asked.

"A human male in his mid 30's. He had gotten into a car crash in the human world recently and nearly killed a young woman, going over 100 miles per hour while inebriated. He has a history of speeding and killing innocent pedestrians as well as committing many robberies and even an attempted sexual assault." My eyes widened at the news.

I went up to Little D No. 2 and asked, "Where in the human world did this take place?"

"I-In......"

I couldn't believe my ears. I forcefully grabbed Little D No. 2 and asked, "Where is that demon right now?!"

"Lucifer! Calm yourself!"

"H-he's in..."

After he found out where the demon was, Lucifer let Little D No. 2 go and stormed out of the Demon Lord's castle, now in demon form and hunting them down.

"Barbatos, contact his brothers immediately!" Diavolo ordered.

"Yes my Lord." Barbatos quickly called the brothers, letting them know what has happened. Simeon, Solomon, and Luke were all told to go to the House of Lamentation to remain with MC while the brothers tried to stop Lucifer.

...

MC's POV

I could hear loud rumbling sounds coming from outside of the room, making me wake. When I did, I slowly arose and looked around the room. I carefully got up and went up to the corners of the rooms, turning off the candles.

I went up to the door and went up to the stairs, seeing the brothers scrambling back and forth. I grabbed the rail, slowly descended the stairs and asked, "What's going on?"

"MC! You shouldn't be up!!" the one with blonde hair called out. He came up to me and tried to make me go back up the stairs. "W-wait, what's going on? Why are you all-"

"They're here!" called out Beel.

Suddenly, a child ran up to me and hugged me. He looked up at me with such sorrow in his eyes. He began sniffling, then said, "Don't worry MC! We'll make sure you recover your memory!"

I reached for his shoulder and held it. I stared into his eyes, wiped his face with the back of my free hand and said, "Please don't cry." I don't know why his sadness makes me feel bad.

He gazed at me back and held my hand gently. He nodded at me, then let me go and went up to a darker skinned male in the room. Beside him was a paler one with white hair. Who are they?

They came up to me and the darker one said, "Don't be scared MC. We're not going to harm you." He had this gentle, warm smile that looks genuine and...angelic.

"Watch over her while we're gone," the orange haired one said.

"Don't let her out of your sight for nothin'!" the white haired tan brother said as they all left the home.

As soon as the door was shut, I looked at the three individuals in the room and asked, "Why are they in such a hurry to leave? What happened?"

"I know you have many questions, but I'm afraid we're not the ones that can answer that," said the pale, white haired male.

"Well, can I at least ask what your names are?"

"I'm Solomon."

"I'm Simeon."

"And I'm Luke!"

"Solomon, Simeon, Luke...may I ask you..." I took a deep breath and continued. "What are the names of the people who live in this house?"

They exchanged some looks with each other, then Simeon said, "Let's discuss this in the common room."

...

The six brothers were on the lookout for Lucifer. Now knowing what he was after, the brothers were all fuming in anger as well. Although the objective was to stop Lucifer from looking for the demon that caused MC's injuries and amnesia, deep down, all seven of them wanted to find and kill them.

The brothers all managed to catch up to Lucifer before he could search the Devildom for the demon. When they found him, Satan was just about to report to Diavolo, but both him and his brothers refused to do so.

Instead, a search party was arranged by them. All of them split up into different parts of the Devildom, looking for the new demon.