.
.
.
.
.

Our drive back to Mobay was a far cry from the one earlier.

There was radio silence in my car as I was still thinking about Grace's episode and how she hasn't spoken a word since then.

She scared me a little because I thought that I may have exposed her to something she is allergic to but she seems fine now, just quiet.

Her words from earlier keeps replaying in my head and i was hitching to ask her what she was referencing. Was it some form of song, or even a poem? I was clueless to wish she meant and now I'm afraid to ask.

When we crossed the border of Hanover to St. James I saw her visibly relax into her seat next to me. Was she this tense all along or just after her episode?

I can't recall much from before the incident.

"Yuh waah go straight home or you wanna chill for a bit?" I asked her, not feeling comfortable bringing her home in this state.

"I have to go home now." She whispered and I sighed.

Never saw this day ending like this at all.

I pulled up to her house some minutes after 7PM and parked.

I turned in my seat fully, facing her head on.

"I'm happy that you could spend the day with me. I really enjoyed your company." I explained.

It was true. Despite her refusing to wear the swimsuit and her spacing out, I had a good time.

She didn't react to my confession though.

The silence grew loud between us as she stared ahead at the gate and I at her.

She perked up after some time and then removed the seatbelt.

"I'll talk to you later." She whispered before opening the door and climbed down.

I avert my eyes to the gate and saw the security from this morning standing there looking at my car. He opened the smaller gate, letting her through when she got close.

I put my car in reverse, backing away from her house with a sigh.

Something nuh right with this thing.

I walked out of the bathroom with a towel around my waist and one around my neck.

Today was relaxing but I'm still tired from the week that I've had. I basically have been sleeping on the studio's couch as I aimed to meet the label's deadline for the album.

The only thing on my mind right now is my bed.

My phone blared from the room while I was in the closet. I pulled up shorts quickly, wanting to see if it's Grace.

She usually calls around 9PM to talk about our days and pray for me.

I didn't think she would, seeing how our little excursion ended. I rushed out to the bedroom, almost tripping over my own two feet.

With a tint of embarrassment at my own giddiness I walked to my phone that's now silent.

I missed the call.

My heart lurched as it started to ring again, however the caller ID displayed a name that made my smile drop instantly.

I slide the swipe button to answer the call.

"Yes Kelly?" I said as my shoulders sag.

"Xiah! Let me up, I'm in the lobby?" She says frantically.

I paused as what she said processed.

"In the lobby where?" I ask because I'm a bit confused.

"Your apartment. Man, quit playing and buzz me up." She said catching an attitude.

Then this real?

"Kelly, please go home." I sighed.

"Im not going anywhere. Let me up Xiah, what's your deal?" She sounded pissed off now.

"Kelly I'm not in New York. Just go home." I plead with her. She needs to leave before they throw her out for trespassing.

I didn't add her on my guest list for this very reason.

"Screw you Xiah! You never cared about me or my daughter! Is this how you treat the mother of your dead child? Okay, you gonna feel me." She hollered before hanging up.

I removed the phone from my ear and shook my head.

This bitch is getting on my last nerve now.

I pulled up Killa's chat and let him to know to slide through and scoop up Kelly.

I'm tired of dealing with this same thing every other month man.