"I'm not marrying him and that is final. You can beg and scream all you want. I am not marrying Robert Arrington and I am most certainly not going to give him any of the Linwood's properties." Persephone put her foot down. Showing him she didn't fear him. But she knew the risk. She didn't know what Daniel was capable of. Daniel was still a stranger to her.

Daniel scoffed, shaking his head. "You're a disgrace to the Thornhart family."

Persephone almost flinched at the way he spoke to her. Pure venom dripping out of his mouth. Looking at her with disgust. But Daniel didn't know what she had to go through. The man she was raised by. Daniel was nothing compared to Francis.

"You wouldn't know what it's like to be a Thornhart because you will never be one. Thornhart blood doesn't course through your veins." Persephone fumed, removing the gloves off her hands, showing him her bare skin. "I have Thornhart blood. I will always have Thornhart blood. But you, you will never have them. You may pretend but you're still the odd one out. Francis, however, disgraced this family by letting you in. Your presence ruined all of our lives and I will not let you ruin mine any longer."

"From this moment forward, I will not let you control my life. I will not let you ruin my future." Persephone calmly spoke. "When there's a will, there's a way and I will not stop until I get what's mine."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"I think that was pretty badass."

"Arabella."

"Grandmother, it's the truth." Arabella defended herself. "That man definitely deserved to be spoken that way."

"That doesn't mean you need to be cursing. Have some manners." Margaret scolded as she kept folding clothes.

"It's fine, Margaret. You don't have to be so proper around me." Persephone sat by her vanity as she watched the duo do their duties.

After her encounter with Daniel, Persephone stayed in her room. Of course, Arabella immediately came in wanting to know every single detail. The girl loved gossiping.

"I wish I could've seen the look on his face when you told him about the Thornhart blood." Arabella continued helping her grandmother by placing the clothes in Persephone's closet.

"He was red like a tomato." Both girls laughed, imagining the look on his face.

"But to be serious, I had to tell him. It's very annoying hearing him talk about Thornharts when he isn't even one to begin with. The only reason why he is part of this family is because of Athena being blindly in love with him and Francis being blindly in love with the idea of having more heirs with the Thornhart name." Persephone never liked how quick Daniel was to call himself a Thornhart and believe he can boss people around because of their last name.

She had seen countless times how much of an asshole he was to people. Almost as if he had forgotten where he came from. One would assume he would be humble or change their perspective on things not become one of the biggest snobs in town.

"You are right about that. When I first came here I almost assumed Daniel was always part of this family and Athena was the one who married into the family." Arabella confessed. Safe to say, it was a surprise to hear that the roles were reversed.

"Imagine being Daniel's sibling?" Persephone almost gagged at the thought. She couldn't imagine sharing the same blood as him.

"But I am glad you didn't give up." Arabella was scared. Persephone looked so defeated and drained the last couple of days. Arabella was almost confident to say she was going to go through with the marriage.