𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝒾𝓍

Alessia Ferrari

Alessia Ferrari

A panic attack goes from zero to one hundred in an instant.

It's halfway between feeling like you'll faint and feeling like you'll die.

An ever growing burning sensation that won't go away no matter how hard you push it to the side.

The more you push the stronger it fights back.

Maybe the interaction with my ex best friend and whatever this interaction is, was far too much on my preexisting nerves.

"Nic... I need to get her out of here." Manny suddenly speaks.

In the end you should keep the ones that heard you when you never said a word.

"Oh shit, yeah go... I'll meet up with you later."

"Come on Angel, let's go somewhere quiet, okay?" Manny says while grabbing my hand, ignoring the fact Ryland and Andrew were watching our every move, the latter standing there with a smirk while the former has a glimmer of something in his eyes. Almost like concern, which I fail to understand. I simply nodded in response so my chosen brother knew I heard and understood the words coming out of his mouth.

Pulling me away and into the first empty room he could find that wasn't too small, for both of our sake.

"I- I'm." I attempt to apologize, even if I'm not entirely sure why I'm sorry, maybe for wasting Manny's time or forcing him to walk away from whatever conversation he was about to start.

"It's okay, don't speak. Come here and sit down." He replies as he pulls out one of the blue plastic chairs, I oblige. "Can you breathe with me?" He added while rubbing my arm slowly.

"Come on Angel, inhale... hold it.. two... three... exhale... good girl. Again. Inhale... hold it... two... three.. One more time... two three... Good. Are you okay?" He questions not even attempting to conceal the clear concern seeping from his face.

"M'fine." I whisper.

"Nuh uh... Don't do that. What's going on in that little head of yours?" He asks while massaging my scalp.

"I don't know?"

"Is that a question or a statement?"

"I don't know, father. What do you think it is?" I joke.

"Stop trying to change the subject Angel, what's going o-" Manny was suddenly interrupted by the sound of my phone ringing "Who is it?"