Mark snapped his gaze back on Dasom and then looked down sheepishly.

"I feel like it's not really my business," he opened up. "Like I've never cared about what—or who—Donghyuck does but this time it's your friend."

"So? What's the big deal?" she prodded him.

"One thing about Donghyuck is that he's not going to commit," Mark explained. "I've never seen him with the same person more than a few times, and if he does something to lead Juhee on or hurt her, I don't want that affecting any dynamics with us."

"Hey, whoa," Dasom said, subconsciously patting Mark's knee. "If our friends are being stupid over a hookup and getting their feelings hurt that has nothing to do with us."

"Yeah, I get that," Mark nodded. "But this vacation and all the times we've all hung out have been so fun! I wouldn't want that to change."

Dasom was taken aback, not expecting to hear those words. Knowing her boyfriend liked her friends to this level was so reassuring; it made her feel good.

"Maybe you can talk to him about all this tomorrow," she suggested. "I can do the same with Juhee!"

"Yeah, I should've handled it better," Mark chuckled. "Maybe I shouldn't smoke up again, it makes me kinda dumber somehow."

"Okay but being might high make you better at other things," Dasom said, wriggling her eyebrows and shifting her vision down.

"Eyes up here perv," Mark laughed, pulling her chin up and planting a kiss on her lips.

"Damn, right after I let you enjoy the city views all day," Dasom feigned disappointment as he let go of her. "But I really wasn't kidding, you can get more creative! Didn't you bring your notebook for writing lyrics?"

"You want me to do work right now?" Mark raised an eyebrow at her.

"I'll help you!" Dasom offered excitedly. "Fuck watching a movie, lemme see rapper and lyricist Mark Lee in action!"

As Mark looked at the twinkle in Dasom's eyes and the earnestness in her smile, how could he not fold?

"Okay, you've convinced me," Mark conceded, and Dasom laughed knowing it had taken nearly no effort whatsoever. "Be right back."

The two of them spent the next couple of hours on Mark's writing, not even taking a break when their food arrived.

Although, it was more of moral support from Dasom, considering all she was capable of doing while still feeling high was slipping in an occasional word of encouragement while constantly taking photos either of herself or of Mark as he concentrated on his work. Oh, and she popped chicken nuggets and fries into his mouth without him even asking so that he could keep his hands busy with his pen. That was sweet of her, and she'd been right, Mark's creative juices really were flowing.

He finished up his verse for NCT 127's upcoming title track, bit no matter how much Dasom begged him, he refused to do the entire thing for her.

"Trust me, you're gonna need to hear the entire song for the first time," Mark laughed. "Even I've never heard anything like it before."

"Alright fine, be a gatekeeper," Dasom pouted. "Come on dude, you gotta give me something; I stayed up with you to show my unwavering support."

"Okay, what if I show you my favourite rap verse from the upcoming album?" Mark offered reluctantly.

"I'd be so satisfied," Dasom grinned readily.

"Okay, lemme pull up the demo real quick," he said, scrolling through his phone's library. Before hitting play, he gave her a quick explanation. "So this is Focus, and I start the outro, I'll show you my verse that comes before Taeyong and Johnny end the song."