Hello?

No one will believe me, so I might as well tell my version of the story.

I blink slowly, straining my blurry vision; a faint light comes through what I suppose to be a window, as the dim silhouette of my shadow appears slowly showing at the floor. The drops of the dense garnet liquid like thick wine constantly fall from the back of my half-covered skull to the ground, pain causing a sudden groan lost in the echo created by the room. The sun revealed the scuff marks on my wrist made by the heavy pressure of the chains attached to the wall, trying to keep my eyes wide open despite the heavy weight of my eyelids pushing me to just give up. The thought of never leaving this place goes through my mind for some seconds, giving me goosebumps all over my body, provoking a persistent feeling of anxiety stroking my airways, at a desperate pace, and claustrophobia taking over my body. Observing my surroundings, I can see the dry vines crawling up the endless walls as I realise I have completely lost track of time, no longer differentiating if it's hours, days, or even weeks that I've been locked up in this place although enough time to have already memorised every inch and corner of this empty prison.

The high-pitched squealing noise of the broken air conditioner irritated my sore hearing due to an abundance of substances injected into my veins. Effortly, trying to push the weight of my half asleep body through my legs causes a sharp fall, consequently a strong impact of my elbows against the rigid floor. Lucid flashbacks of that night run through my eyes, remembering the jet black background with the sparkling fireballs spread in the sky and the thick tension involving the air, almost as if someone could cut it. Confusing memories of an unremembered, blind alley crowded by homeless and street robbers watching hopeless tourists like their only prey. Something at the very back of my soul screamed for my life, warning me of the danger I was in, rats squeaking and scraping their little, sharp nails against the floor, suddenly, my world turned black, ending up here. These sudden memories sent by pieces stop as I try to figure out what exactly happened that night as if protecting myself from those shocking events. Falling repetitively, the salty drops of water on my cheek, as I give up on every single possibility of leaving these four walls, slowly closing my tired eyes and summoning a prolonged sleep.

Finding it difficult to prise my eyes open I hear a cacophony coming through the other side of the metallic door, desperately I impulse myself towards it forgetting my tied wrists as I bounce back, hurting them. The door cracks opening slowly, a towering man carrying a grey tray, covered with an abundance of food as my eyes devour the sight miserably. I can see my hands shaking uncontrollably over the tall man. I could feel his controlled steps looking into the savage, wild animal in my uncovered soul. The tray bangs against the solid floor.
-Who are you?
The man ignores my sudden question and slowly retires towards the door, I pull his ankle harshly, preventing him from returning to the only possible exit.
-I SAID who are you?
We make eye contact for some seconds, as I stare into his unemotional glare, losing my attention into his dull electric blue eyes, the liquid from my tear ducts is threatening to overflow as I fixate my eyes into his, almost forgetting my main reason for this recent attack.
-Do you have any idea of who you are talking to, love?
His warm murmur gently caresses my neck, raising my hair. His closed britannic accent makes my eyes roll almost as a reflex, as his patient gaze waits for my response.
-No, but judging from the fact that you kidnapped me, drugged me and locked me in a room with neither food nor water, I'm guessing you're not quite a good person. I don't know, unless you are a ruthless monster with amnesia, answer me, who the hell are you and what is wrong with you?

My brutal reply gets him by surprise and for some time I can see some kind of emotion reflected in his heartless stare, although he recovers after some time and smirks slowly, leaning against the wall. Some minutes pass by as no word is spoken, the impatience devours me slowly. I'm just at the edge of giving up this invisible war until I see his mouth opening gradually, deciding on his final comeback.
-Wow, a ruthless monster with amnesia, thank you for that extraordinary compliment. I'm sorry, what am I doing here? Who am I?
He bursts out laughing even though that smile never reaches his eyes as I look upwards to his facial features, watching his perfect, symmetric nose, his pierced full lips and his sharp defined jawline.
-Don't worry darling, my identity won't provide you anything interesting although maybe the fact I am willing to help you escape might, so stop being rude and listen, love.