Chapter 0

*hic* 'Please be okay... I'll make everything better. I swear.. *sob'  A child found themselves crying as they hovered over an injured person, their face obviously covered with their long hair as they slouch forward and clutch their abdomen in pain.

'If it wasn't for me...' The child wiped their tears with the palm of their hands and tried wiping it onto the open wound for it to heal but a hand gently grabbed at their wrist, making their teary eyes look up at the person in front of them.

'I've never had someone cry like this for me, so stop that. This all happened because I wasn't strong enough.'  The child began to cry louder as they shook their head side to side.

'No! Don't say that! I can heal you if you just let me!' They were frustrated because they didn't anticipate for them to get hurt so much and to this extent, they were currently hiding in a dark abandoned building after running away from a bunch of awakeners that were beaten up.

'Still, you're using up to much of your power trying to heal me. You'll strain yourself.' a hand brought itself up and wiped away at the childs tears, the hand that touched the salty liquid glowing a faint yellow before fading.

'But Kayden...'

'Enough. We'll just bandage this up.'

--

"What are you thinking for you to look so serious? It's not your usual look."

A teenager with dark eyebags underneath their eyes, wearing a large shirt and shorts were standing on top of a large building, their eyes looking over to the land below, the people passing by, the cars and just overall the scenery in front of them, relishing in the feeling of the wind blowing through their hair.

"It's nothing. Just about my past." They said, their eyes closing as they sighed through their nose.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"What was it like?"

They opened their eyes and turned around, "What do you mean?" their head tilted in confusion as they looked over to Seongik Han, he's considered one of the strongest in the country but say he's gotten weak because of age.

"Your past. If you don't mind me asking." He said, he settled on the couch and relaxed against the seat, the place where they were in was high up in the mountains, in a large building abandoned long before, it was where [Name] currently lived at, in hiding from everything else.

"...."

"I didn't stick to one place for a long time." They sighed, their hands unconsciously fiddling at a ring settled on their finger, playing with the piece of jewelry, "It must've been difficult for someone as young as you."

"You get used to it. And it was difficult."

"Because you were born different from other awakened."

"Because I was a monster."

--
2/13/23

This book was made out of boredom.

[Name] can be considered as POC friendly and their race, gender and appearance will not be specified in this book.

Only distinct thing I'll probs talk about is you having eyebags..

I will try my hardest to make the insert more inclusive to others.

If I make a mistake on this particular part of the story, please tell me so I can correct it.