Chapter 4 - A Little Detour

Beginne am Anfang

◈◈◈

As they walked through the forest, Yn couldn't help but feel a sense of awe at the beauty that surrounded him. Even though He has been here for little over a week, nature still was able to fascinate him; the sunlight filtered through the canopy above, casting dappled shadows on the ground, and the air was heavy with the sweet scent of blooming wildflowers.

As they continued on, Yn's mind drifted to thoughts of Newtopia. Sahra was a little reserved with information about the City. She didn't tell him much besides that it was a big City, and this bothered Yn, because that wasn't enough for him to actually prepare himself for whatever would come.

Sahra seemed to notice Yn's pensive expression and nudged him playfully. "What's on your beautiful mind, my friend?"

Yn shook his head, a wry grin on his lips. "Just thinking about Newtopia. You live there. How exactly is it?"

Sahra nodded, her eyes alight with memories. "It's a pretty amazing place. There's always something new to discover, whether it's a new flavor of street food or a hidden alleyway filled with antique shops."

Yn nodded thoughtfully, his gaze drawn back to the map. As they approached the coordinates marked on the parchment, he noticed something beneath their feet. It was getting harder, more compact, and when he looked down past the map, he saw the remnants of an old pathway, long since overgrown with moss and vines.

"Hey, look at this," Yn said, gesturing to the ground. "I think we might be getting close."

Sahra looked down at the old path, her eyes scanning the underbrush for any signs of what lay ahead. As they pushed deeper into the forest, the ruins came into view, slowly revealing themselves like a hidden treasure waiting to be discovered.

Yn's heart raced with excitement as he caught his first glimpse of the ancient stone walls rising up from the earth, their jagged edges jutting out from the foliage like broken teeth. He felt a huge smile pull at the corners of his mouth as He looked at the Walls that revealed themselves to him.

Yn and Sahra stood side by side in front of the ancient ruin, their eyes fixed on the structure towering above them. The stone pillars were worn and weathered, and the mossy bricks seemed to have been eroded by time itself. Despite the ruin's decrepit appearance, there was an undeniable sense of wonder that emanated from the structure, as if it held secrets and mysteries waiting to be uncovered.

Sahra turned to Yn and asked in a curious tone, "What do you think we might find in there?"

Yn gazed at the ruin for a moment longer before turning to Sahra. "There's only one way to find out," he said, a glint of excitement in his eye. Without another word, he sprinted towards the entrance of the ruin, disappearing into . Sahra followed in hot pursuit, easily keeping up with Yn's rapid pace. The ruins seemed to swallow them whole as they ran inside, leaving the outside world behind.

◈◈◈

As they made their way through the ancient structure, their footsteps echoed in the cavernous space. The air was thick with the scent of earth and dust, and shafts of sunlight filtered down from above, illuminating the moss-covered walls. They passed through a series of rooms,  each more intricate than the last - Yn made notes about everything he saw. Even though He thought most of the Things He saw weren't that interesting - until they came to a sudden drop.