Trouble Ahead Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"Depends on what you're trying to blow up," Raven replied.

"How about a bridge?" Bellamy asked.

"Blowing the bridge won't stop the attack, but the longer we can delay it, the more of us will be able to fight." Raven agreed.

"Even if Murphy is telling the truth and that's a big if That bridge has survived a nuclear war and 97 years of weather," Finn stated.

"It won't survive me." Raven smiled.

———————

Raven had gone out to the sight of the crash and gotten some of the rocket fuel. Once she came back to camp she quickly started making the bomb.

"You can come in now." She called out.

"So this is the bomb?" Finn asked.

"Yep." Raven smiled, proud of herself, then began explaining how the bomb would work, but she had been interrupted by Bellamy's eye.

"Bellamy! Your eyes are bleeding!" She exclaimed.

Bellamy reached up, to his cheeks. "Damn it!"

"Don't touch anything! Get to the ship!"

Bellamy quickly left the tent. "Jasper! Get over here!"

"Hi. You need me to go with you to the bridge again?" Jasper asked.

"Stay back." Bellamy put his hand up. "I need you to take the shot."

"Yeah. I can do that." Jasper sighed.

"Don't you have jobs to do?" Bellamy shouted at the group lingering around Jasper. "If you miss, if that bridge doesn't blow, we're all dead. You got that?"

"Hey, why me? I mean, you've got 20 shooters. I'm the only one not sick, right?"

"Right. Now, don't miss."

"Find Finn. Make the shot. Go!" Bellamy ordered, then made his way to the dropship.

"Bell?! No!" Octavia exclaimed running to her brother.

"Clear some space!" Murphy shouted. "Lay him down."

"Hey, big brother." Octavia smiled, at him.

"I'm scared." He cried.

"I won't let anything happen to you, I promise." She reassured.

"That's what I said to you the day you were born." He coughed.

"I know. You told me that, like thousand times."

"I'm glad you're here."

"Just get some rest now, ok?"

———————-

Bellamy finally woke up the next day immediately looking to where Clarke had been the night before, when he hadn't seen her, he looked around for Octavia, she wasn't around either.

"Here." Murphy walked up to him, handing him some water.

"Get the hell away from me!" Bellamy exclaimed, pushing Murphy away, with what little strength he had at the moment.

"You're sick, okay? I'm just trying to help."

"When I get better if you're still here...'

"Hey," Clarke said, approaching them. "I've got it." She said taking the cup from Murphy. "Here." She handed it to Bellamy, who took it this time.

"How are you?"

"Better."

"That's good."

"Where's O?" He asked, looking around.

"Sleeping in. She had been up all night with Murphy, gave her a break."

"Don't tell me you trust him now."

"Trust? No. I do, however, believe in second chances."

"It's almost dawn. Get everyone inside. If we lock the doors, maybe the grounders will think we're not home." Bellamy suggested.

"Not everyone is sick," Clarke replied.

"Sick is better than dead."

"You don't think Finn and Jasper are gonna pull it off."

"Do you?"

"I'll get everyone inside."

"Hey, Clarke." Bellamy reached for her hand. "Once we're better, I'm not letting you leave my tent for a week."

"We'll see." She smiled, then leaned down and kissed the top of his head.

——————————-

As they were getting everyone into the dropship, they heard a loud boom, then a smoke cloud rose from behind the trees.

"They did it." Bellamy sighed, actually relieved.

"I am become death, destroyer of worlds." Clarke quoted, she looked over her shoulder at Bellamy. "It's Oppenheimer, the man who built the first..."

"I know who Oppenheimer is, Princess."

——————————-

Once everything was calming down, and only a very small amount of people were still recovering, Bellamy went in search of Clarke. When he found her she was standing outside of the wall, watching as those lost to the virus were buried.

"You're outside of the wall without a gun," Bellamy observed.

"We need to talk about Murphy." Clarke sighed.

"He was right about the bridge."

"We'll see."

"Octavia says the mountain men are pissed, whatever that means," Bellamy said, looking at the graves.

"I'd say it means we need as many soldiers as we can get," Clarke replied after a few moments.

"So, what, we have pardon power now?" Bellamy asked.

"It's hard running things," Clarke said, throwing his own words back at him. "Fourteen. Fourteen graves." She said then walked back into the camp.