i take a deep breathe like this is the first time i'm seeing him and open it all the way.

we both kind of stare at each other in awe.

he's in all black. dress pants with a leather belt and gold accent to the buckle and a button down in which he didn't button up the first two, just like last time.

xavi was right. a feeling like this is only ever so pure. gavi raises his right hand slightly, the same one holding a small bouquet of flowers with some i've never even seen before. "te miras hermosa." and yet, he can't manage to break eye contact with me as he hands me the bouquet.

"they're beautiful, thank you."

in his other is a small picnic basket. "you ready to go?" i nod and he reaches out for my hand before we hear the quietest steps approaching.

"sorry, i just... i just wanted to wish you guys a good- great time."

i had already turned around and mouthed a thank you. "muchas gracias xavi." we wave goodbye before i take gavi's hand and shut the door behind me. as soon as i turn back around, his hand drops mine and makes it's way behind my head, pulling me closer so he can finally kiss me.

"ready?" this time, he breaks the kiss which is something new because it's always me.

"more than anything."

GAVI's POV

the walk to the beach itself gave me an idea of what the rest of the night would look like because i could not take my eyes off her. not even now that we're walking onto the sand trying to find the perfect spot.

we end up close enough to the ocean and each take two corners of the blanket and lay it down. thankfully, we chose one of the best days to come out because it wasn't as cold as it usually gets in the evenings. i take the basket i once had and place it down in between us now that we've taken our spots.

i can only thank my mom and sister for the help.

if i'm being honest, this is only my third date ever and even then i still can't seem know how to plan one of these without help. but i know i should learn, knowing y/n will be the only girl i'll ever wanna take out.

"i might've asked jana and salma what you liked, so blame them if you see something you don't like... please." now thinking about it, i should've gone to sira. last time i remember they don't really like me. i don't know if that's changed but i'm starting to regret things.

who cares, it gave her a laugh. the same laugh i love the most.

i take out strawberries, blackberries, mangos, and cherries for fruits and the main dish is paella and empanadas my mom helped me with in which she thought i couldn't even make.

"look who proved me wrong."

i know she's saying that for my sake but it does feel good to hear.

i shoot a smile at her and take out the plates. on the way i also stopped by our bakery for churros and baked cookies. i was glad i did because they were fresh by the time i got them, plus it surprisingly didn't take long like the other times. "so?"