Chapter 11: Darkness Rises

Eric walks up to the house, James sits outside rocking back and forth in his chair with an empty whiskey bottle in his hands. Darkness slowly falls upon them, the wind blows some of his hair, a few birds fly off in the distance, out of the woods.

"Where have you been?" James asks him, an angry look in his eyes.

"Your drunk....again" Eric tells him, making his way up onto the porch.

James just drops the bottle as it shatters to the ground, he stares down at the floor, blinking his eyes,"I didn't mean to, I don't mean too..." his body almost falls forward, but he catches himself.

"How much did you drink?" Eric asks him, shaking his head watching his Uncle,"when will you ever STOP?"

James slowly lifts his head up and gets to his feet, then backslaps Eric right across his face, watching the young man fall to the ground from the impact,"you NEVER tell me what to do".

Eric fell to the ground from the slap from his Uncle, he holds onto his face as it turns a bright red, a couple tears runs down his face looking up at him. He crawls backwards, fearing his Uncle especially when he's drunk.

"What are you going to do? Run back to that bitch of yours? Sabrina? Or to your friend, Derek? HUH? ANSWER ME" James yells at him, demanding an answer,"I said...ANSWER ME!!"

Eric just stares at his Uncle, then heard footsteps to the side of him hoping to see one of his friends, or someone to help him out. He spits some blood from his mouth as it drops to the ground, turning his head spotting a figure in their front yard.

The moon slowly coming out from the distance, James stares at the man in their front yard,"Who the hell are yo-" but he stops himself, staring at the man's face as his eyes go wide with horror.

The man standing in their lawn wears dark black pants, and a suit on. The man wears long black hair going past his shoulders, and a pale face. Almost as white as the moon, with the darkest eyes standing about 7 feet tall. The man looks as if he hasn't eaten in days.

"I know yooouuuuu" James points to the man in their lawn, almost tripping over himself backing up,"your suppose to be dead".

Eric just looks at the man, he could almost swear he looks like he came from an older generation,"Who..who are you?" Eric asks him, slowly getting to his knee's.

The man in their front yard takes a step forward, looking between James and Eric before he opens up his mouth to speak, wolves howl off in the distance,"Just call me Roy."

"You, Adam and Rose? You guys are suppose to be locked up...fucking bloodsuckers" James grabs a full bottle of whiskey from by him and throws it at Roy.

Eric then realizes what his Uncle just said, Adam. He remembers the ID him and his friends found, Adam Anderson. Born 6/12/1789. That's when Eric takes a step back, hearing his Uncle refer to this man as a 'bloodsucker'.

Roy opens his mouth to speak, as a smile crosses his face, staring at James,"you must remember us then? Your family caught us numerous times from getting out.." his dark eyes scan the older man, he breathes heavily.

James tells Eric,"Eric, run. Get the hell out of here and go as far from here as you can" James doesn't take his eyes from Roy.

"What about you?" Fear in Eric's voice as he asks this question, putting all the pieces together, realizing there's a vampire standing in their front yard.

"Just GO, NOW" James yells at him, locking his eyes on the man in front of him, the moon shines bright above them, almost like a god.

Eric quickly goes inside the house, closing the door behind him leaving his Uncle out there with the other man, he grabs the keys from the table and races out the back door, he searches for the car, and finds it. He quickly decides if he should lock himself inside the house, or drive off with them knowing.

Eric gets into the driver's side, and starts up the engine backing up, he looks out his window staring at Roy as he stares back at him, looking into the dark eyes of the man. Eric drives off down the road, heading towards town. He's got to warn his friends, warn them about the vampire they let out. Millions more questions flow through his mind, questions he knows he'll probably never get answers too. Like...how do vampires exist? Why here in Dark Falls? Did Roy kill the other two locked inside with him? Were they vampires aswell? How long were they down there?

Another howl is heard in the woods somewhere, Eric looks for the sign titled 'Welcome to Dark Falls'. Sweat pouring from his head, his heart beating fast. Almost feels like he's in a bad twilight movie, only the vampires look much scarier.