Chapter 10: Tears for the Devil part 2

Start from the beginning

  The man now revealed to be Zeref walked up to me and placed his hand above me before saying, "It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you. Truth be told, I never wanted to hurt anyone in my life. My curse simply killed everyone I cared about." A blue light radiated from his hand and it began to envelope my wounds. The giant cut that Liebe gave me started to close up gradually, which made me realize that Zeref was using a healing spell on me, something that is rarely seen in this day and age. "You seem surprised that Zeref is able to heal your wounds, why is that?" Asta asked. Lisanna answered, "Because healing spells are rarely seen these days, it's considered Lost Magic." "That's not true where we're from, almost everyone has magic power and there are a lot of people who can use recovery magic. But it's rare for mages to use more than one type of magic, especially attack types that are able to heal." Liebe replied which surprised me and my sister. "By the way, could you tell me how you responded to my attacks earlier? We're not enemies anymore after all." I asked him. While I did see Liebe's memories, I didn't see everything that he experienced. I only saw everything leading up to how he and Asta arrived on Tenrou. "True, we're not enemies, but you and I aren't friends either. Even if we share nearly the same pain, it doesn't mean that I will want to be your friend. I can't just simply start caring about you even though we know each other's stories, my feelings towards the majority of humanity still remain."

He had a point, after everything humans did to him, it's not reasonable for him to simple let go of his hate for humans. Sure, maybe Asta and the Black Wizard Zeref were able to get him to open up, but Asta was his adopted brother, Licita's biological son, so it made sense that Liebe would open up to him. As for Zeref, I wasn't sure but it probably had something to do with the curse he mentioned earlier. If it killed everyone he cared about, he'd probably be forced to live in isolation like Licita had to. Liebe probably opened up to Zeref because his situation was much like the Devil's foster mother. I planned to ask him about that later. For the moment, I had to stay put and rest.

  I chose to ask him a different question that had been on my mind, "I understand that you still can't open up to me, but can you at least tell me what a Five Leaf Clover means to you and your brother?" Liebe sighed and answered, "That I will answer. You know what they say about the leaves of a clover?" I replied, "Yeah, they each represent one thing. In the first three, there's Integrity, Hope, and Love. The fourth leaf holds good luck." "And in the fifth, there lives a Devil." Liebe's remark surprised me and Lisanna. But we couldn't continue our conversation as a voice said from behind us, "This is an unusual sight, a demon gathered with humans." We turned to see a man with long, blonde hair, red eyes, a psychotic grin on his face, and most notably a crest tattooed on his left pectoral.

  "And who the hell are you? An escapee from a mentor hospital?" Liebe asked

  "And who the hell are you? An escapee from a mentor hospital?" Liebe asked. "Watch your tongue, you lowly demon. You're talking to Zancrow, one of Grimoire Heart's Seven Kin of Purgatory." The man named Zancrow introduced himself. Asta asked in confusion, "The Seven Kin of Pervert Story?" Everyone chuckled at his question other than Zancrow, who grew angry and shouted, "PURGATORY NOT PERVERT STORY, YOU IDIOT!!!! ARE YOU MOCKING ME?!!" Asta replied, "No, I guess I misheard you. Anyway, what are you doing out here?" "There's not much point in telling you since you're going to die, but I'll give you some closure. My guild, Grimoire Heart, has two objectives on this island: to slaughter all of Fairy Tail's members and to retrieve the Black Wizard Zeref." Zancrow declared. Zeref had finished healing me and stood up to face the dark mage.

  "You're here for me, are you?" Zeref asked, surprising Zancrow who quickly kneeled before him. "Lord Zeref, I finally found you." "Why is it that your guild has been looking for me? For what reason do you need me?" "To bring about the Grand Magic World, my lord. A world where only those with magic will exist, and those without will perish." Zancrow's claim surprised and shocked all of us, including Zeref himself. Lisanna yelled at him, "Are you people insane?! Of all the people in the world, only 10% of the population have magic power. Killing everyone who doesn't is like driving humanity to the brink of extinction. How could you even think about doing something so evil?!!"

  (Asta's p.o.v.)

  'Only a tenth of this world's population has magic power? And these guys want to massacre almost all of humanity for something they weren't born with? And to make it worse, they plan to use our friend to achieve that goal? These guys are even more twisted then the nobles and royals in Clover Kingdom, who think that magic is everything. There's no way in hell I'm going to allow that!!!' I drew Demon Slayer from our grimoire and asked Liebe, "Brother, lend me Demon Dweller? I'm going to put this bastard in the ground." He looked at me and saw the fury in my eyes before giving his sword and saying, "I already had my fight earlier, it's your turn now." I nodded and started advancing towards Zancrow. I said to blonde psychopath, "There is no chance in hell I'm going to let you Devil wannabes have your way. If you want to take Zeref.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
YOU'LL HAVE TO TAKE ME DOWN FIRST!!!!"