A New Clan

Na'vi Language: Italics 

English Language: Regular 

Narration: Bold 

Pandora Ocean

Kyra flew on her ikran Dreamer through a terrible storm. It rained hard and the winds blew strong and roughly. Kyra was tired and so was Dreamer. Dreamer was still considered a young ikran and therefore still a bit a growing to do. Dreamer was not particularly ready for such a long journey, but they had no choice. Dreamer flapped harshly trying to stay aloft and keep her rider safe. "Calm Dreamer calm." Kyra said patting her Ikran's neck trying to soothe her. 

"We are almost there, just hold on a bit longer girl." Kyra told her. 

...

Awa'atlu Village

Kyra sighed in relief as they passed through the storm. She looked at the crystal blue water below her in awe. Kyra landed Dreamer on a soft patch of sand. She hopped off the sand feeling foreign to her feet. It felt nothing like the forest. A crowd started to form around them. Jake had his hands raised showing them they meant no harm. Neteyam copied his movements. "Look at her eyes? What is wrong with them?" Kyra heard the people whisper. Kyra focused her eyes downwards. Kyra felt a hand take hers. She glanced over seeing Lo'ak had taken her hand giving a reassuring squeeze then let go. 

Two boys stood behind them looking at our tails. "What is that? Is that supposed to be a tail?" The two laughed mockingly to each other. Kyra wanted to claw their eyes out. You can mess with her, but you don't mess with her family. A girl came out of the water coming up to the two boys whacking their heads. Kyra gave a small nod in thanks. Lo'ak looked at her. "Hey." He said to the girl. She laughed softly. Kyra and Neteyam glanced at each other smiling at their brother and friend's new crush. 

Two large Tsurak's came out of the water gaining everyone's attention. The Olo'eyktan of the Metkayina Clan dismounted and came forward. "I see you Tonowari." Jake greeted. Tonowari greeted him back. "Why do you come to us Jake Sully." Tonowari asked as his mate the Tsahik of the Metkayina Clan Ronal came beside him. "We seek Uturu." Jake declared. "Uturu?" Ronal asked shocked. "Yes, a sanctuary for a family." Jake said stepping forward a bit. 

Nobody says a word as Ronal comes to inspect the family as Tonowari speaks to Jake. "You are forest people we are reef people your skills will mean nothing here." Tonowari told Jake. "We will lean your ways alright? Right?" Jake said to him while turning to his family. They all mumbled in agreement. 

As this was being said Ronal inspected each of them. "Their arms are thin." She says taking Tuk's arm lifting it up before dropping it. "Mom." Tuk says scared hiding behind her. "Their tails weak." Ronal said pulling Kyra's tail. "Hey!" Kyra said pulling her tail away from her holding it. Ronal looks towards her hand. " These children are not even true Na'vi!" Ronal exclaims holding Kyra's hand. "Yes we are!" Kiri says in defense for her friend. Kyra yanks her hand back from the women glaring at her. She walks over to Lo'ak holding his hand in the air. "These children have demon blood!" Lo'ak looked down in shame. "Hey! Hey! Look!" Jake steps in waving his extra fingered hand in front of her. He didn't like her picking on his kids. 

"Look I was born of the Sky People and now I am Na'vi alright? You can adapt." He said turning to face Tonowari. "We will adapt alright?" Jake was getting desperate. Ney'tiri stepped in. "My husband was Toruk Makto. He led the clans to victory." "You call this victory? Hiding among strangers?" Ronal scoffed at Ney'tiri's words. Ney'tiri hissed at the insult and Ronal hissed back. Jake and Tonowari looked at each other neither of them quite wanting to step between the hissing women. Jake decided to be the one to do it. "I apologize for my mate." Jake said to Ronal.

"Do not apologize for me." Ney'tiri said but Jake ignored her continuing giving her a look. "She is exhausted." Ney'tiri backed off. Tonowari placed a hand on Jake's shoulder before turning to address his people. "Toruk Makto is a great war leader, all Na'vi people know his story." Tonowari turned towards the family. "But we Metkayina are not at war. We cannot let you bring your war here." Kyra felt sad and desperate. They had nowhere else to go if they were turned away. "I am done with war. I just want to keep my family safe." Jake said holding an exhausted Tuk in his arms. "Uturi has been asked." Ney'tiri said. There was nothing else to be said to argue their case. It was up to the leaders to decide now.

Tonowari and Ronal looked at each other seeming to have a silent conversation. Eventually Ronal nodded. "Toruk Makto and his family will stay with us, treat them as our brothers and sisters. They do not know the sea so they will be like babies taking their first breath. Teach them our ways so they do not suffer the shame of being useless." Tonowari declared. That was one way to put it Kyra thought as he said about them being useless. Still Kyra felt relief as they were allowed to stay. 

"What do we say?" Jake said to his family. "Thank you." They all said. Kiri said half-heartedly with a roll of her eyes. She did not like this at all. "My son, Ao'nung and my daughter, Tsireya, will show your children what to do." Tonowari told them pointing to a boy and girl beside them. "Father why do I-" Ao'nung started to protest but was stopped by his father. "It is decided." 

Tsireya moved to Kyra with a smile. She looked at all of the family with kindness. "Come I will show you our village." She then gestured for them to follow. 

...

The family followed Tsireya through the village heading towards a Marui pod where they would be staying. The path they walked on was bouncy and Tuk enjoyed it. She bounced along her family. Kyra smiled at the child. Kyra stopped looking at one of the creatures. It clicked and squeaked at her. Kyra smiled at it. "Kyra come on!" Kyra heard Neteyam call for her. She ran to catch up with the family. 

They all stopped in a pod. "This is for you." Tsireya said setting some of the stuff she was carrying down. "I will see you all at dinner." She said before leaving. "This is nice right?" Jake asked. Ney'tiri just dropped her things dramatically. The kids all share a look. 

After everyone at settled in Jake spoke up. "Alright Sully's fall in." All the kids came to a crouch in front of their father. Kyra stood off to the side not sure what to do. She technically wasn't a Sully. Tuk came up pulling her down with her. Jake smiled. Despite being a bit far in age Tuk always looked up to Kyra and was close with her. "Okay, I need you kids on your best behavior, I mean it." Jake told them firmly. "Learn fast, pull your weight, don't cause trouble got it?" Jake said directing the last part to Lo'ak mostly. 

Kyra grinned as Neteyam grabbed his brother's neck playfully. Lo'ak hissed at him shoving him off. "I want to go home." Tuk cried. "Oh Tuk." Kyra said sadly to the girl. "Tuk this is our home now." Jake told her. "We are gonna get through this. We can do this as long as we have each other's backs." Jake told them all. 

"What does your father always say." Ney'tiri asked them. "Sully's Stick Together." They all mumbled except Kiri and Kyra. "Yea Sully's Stick Together. Now say it with more feeling." Jake told them. "Sully's Stick Together." The Sully kids chorused. Kyra didn't say it, but she nodded her head agreeing. Jake looked at her giving her arm a squeeze of reassurance. 

...

That night Kyra laid down for the night. She looked out at the stars. She remembered how she and Spider would watch the stars and pointed at each one and just talk about different things. Kyra quietly cried herself to sleep.