F.A.Q.s [9/20/2015]

STRAIGHT INTO DARKNESS Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Are you done uploading STRAIGHT INTO DARKNESS?

A. I will not publicly upload any more chapters. If you have a review blog and are willing to upload the review to put it up on Amazon/Goodreads/Kobo/B&N, please respond privately. For information on special sales and free fiction, please sign up for my newsletter at http://www.desertedlands.com.

- - - - - - - - -

Q. Are there more books about Lizzie? How many books are in the Deserted Lands series.

A. Lizzie will be in at least three more books, her trilogy and then one several years down the road. I currently have nine novel ideas for the series and about that many short story ideas. I released the short novel [about 110 pages] TOILS AND SNARES, a parallelequel to AIS, in January 2015. It has different characters, but takes place at the same time. It explains a bit more about how the pandemic happened. If you want to know more sign up for my newletter [yadda, yadda, yadda].

General Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Can you help me with my grammar/critique my story/help me format my e-book/etc.

A. No. Sorry. A few exceptions at the end of this FAQ. I completely appreciate the desire to have someone read and offer a critique. One kind writer give me a verbal critique of the beginning of my first novel. Unfortunately, I am a school teacher by day, parent by night and have to squeeze in the times that I get to write and edit. I teach English so I get to edit papers daily. My son is applying for colleges and has an A.P. Literature class, so I offer suggestions and edits for him. In addition, I am in a writer's group because I still need advice on my writing and I offer edits and critiques for that. So unless you go to my high school, join my writer's group, or become my kid, I'm afraid I'm going to have to say no. If you join my newsletter at www.desertedlands.comyou will hear about any conventions I might be attending and I will be doing writing workshops at some of them.

- - - - - - - - -

Q. Do you have any Writing Advice/Publishing Tips?

A. Here are a dozen blog posts on My Path to Indie Publication [http://desertedlands.com/path-to-indie-publication-part-i/]. And one on writing advice: Roberts' Rules of (w)riting: [http://desertedlands.com/updates-and-acknowledgements/]

If you have other questions please ask them on my profile. I am currently getting 50+ comments on my stories everyday. If I read and answered each of them I would never get any stories finished. This makes me sad and happy at the same time. Please feel free to try to help each other answer questions posted in the stories and from time to time I will answer some of them.

STRAIGHT INTO DARKNESS

A Deserted Lands Novel

Rocket Tears Press

Bellingham, WA

2015 Rocket Tears Press Paperback Edition

Copyright © 2015 by Robert L. Slater

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without permission in writing from the publisher.

Requests for permission to make copies of any portion of the work should contact the publisher: Rocket Tears Press.

www.RocketTears.com