Songs Of Toruk

Chapter 1

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

    Ayram alusìng, home of The Kekunan. A clan of daring Na'vi, making their homes on the clif sides of the dangerous yet beautiful floating mountains. Your people wore an array of colors, to symbolize tribute and confidence with the Ikran.

    You were proud to be Kekunan, taught to ride and create a bond with an Ikran at the age of 12. You've been taught to ride since you were born, given Ikran toys and taught demonstrations on how to capture the Ikran. You were taught to trust your feet, your body, spirit and the legends told.

    As soon as you had created tsaheylu with your Ikran, you spent months training and learning how to communicate with your Ikran, up until you became an extension of them. Your hearts beating in unison, as you soared through the skies.

    The shaman of songs often sang of, Taronyu, the first Na'vi to bond with and fly an Ikran. He had invented the Yìmkxa (mouth binder), a colorful rope made of braided Razor Palm leaves.

    She also sang the songs of Toruk, the last shadow. Amongst all the stories of your people, the story of Toruk was your favorite. Toruk was Eywa's greatest gift, a beacon of hope. Only those who harbor a pure soul can take flight with Toruk, many Na'vi have tried to link with the great gift and many Na'vi have parished.

    There was an old tale that spoke of Toruk saving the tree of souls from a volcanic eruption, many say that a new Toruk Makto will rise when hope seems to fade.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

     You couldn't help the smile that formed on your lips as your fingers gently rolled against the familiar song cords, you often came to the main marui to read the song cords. You've sang them so many times they might as well be carved into your brain.