She shook her head, "I don't even know anymore."

They stood in silence for a quick minute and then Nick spoke up softly.

"I know that we started off on the wrong foot when we met. I wouldn't have it any other way though. I really wouldn't take back anything that has happened. Except that you never told me something really important...because this whole thing isn't just my fault. You kept something so important from me. You were going to let me marry her, knowing damn well that she was playing me."

Abby swallowed hard, knowing he was right. "I know. I'm sorry. I just didn't want to add to your stress and I didn't want to be the one to hurt you. I'm really bad at those kinds of things."

"It's ok. I'm putting the whole thing behind me. We can start all over."

"Nick there is so much we haven't even talked about. Like, why were you even meeting women online in the first place? You never told me."

"Crap! It's a really dumb reason. I was too scared to meet up with a woman in person. So I started talking to all these women online, to see if maybe one of them would make me feel different. Maybe, I just couldn't handle the fact that I didn't want to marry Tiffany. I was looking for a reason to cancel. Then there was you and we talked all the time and we got along. So I got curious to meet you."

"Then I wasn't what you were expecting." She whispered.

"Yes, like I said we started off on the wrong foot. I was an asshole." He smiled. "Alright, about what you overheard right now, I didn't lie to you. I was supposed to stay till Saturday, but it turns out that I didn't think about AJ and his marriage, not to mention his needy monkey! He called me to tell me that tomorrow would be the last day he'd cover me, so I have to go back. It took me a lot of work to bring that gym back up, which I haven't thanked you for. I don't know how you did it, but I love that place." He smiled.

"I won a jackpot in Vegas. It was the first thing that came to mind to spend it on." She shrugged.

Nick smiled again. "You should come back to California with me. We can work things out, try to be a little family...I can't stay here Abby!"

Abby sniffled back the tears, "I can't leave now, Nick. My mom and Annie are excited about the baby and...Well..."

"Babe, they will understand. The question here is...do you still love me? Because I do...much more than before." He placed a hand on each side of her stomach.

She seemed torn by her choices. She'd waited everyday for the past four months for Nick to reappear. Now, here he was asking her to go back with him and she didn't know what to say. Instead of giving him a straight answer, she felt like running away from it all.

"I...I don't know Nick."

He shook his head and pursed his lips in defeat. "Well, I guess that's my answer." Nick turned around and started walking towards the house.

"You were gone for four months. I didn't hear a damn thing from you. You gotta understand me..." She was yelling at him, but he wasn't stopping.

He stormed up the porch stairs, excused himself past everyone at the dining table and disappeared up the stairs to his room. He walked in and felt like throwing everything in sight around. Quickly he started throwing everything back into his luggage. He was dreading that he couldn't leave right that minute. He grabbed the phone and dialed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Abby wiped away the tears as she swayed back and forth on the porch swing. Annie crept up and asked if it was ok to join her, Abby didn't answer. So she sat down anyway.