Prologue

It was a beautiful day in Los Angeles. The sunlight kissed the hair of whoever was walking outside, and the bright blue sky was devoid of any clouds, like it had just been washed. The weather was comfortable, not too hot and definitely not too cold.

The bell rang, signalling the end of the current period, or the day, depending on the grade you're in. For you, it was fortunately the end of classes and you gladly hurried to your locker to gather your things. You didn't hate school, you just liked your home way more. The only thing that could compare would be the classes you have because of the music program. They were important to you because, first of all, music is your life, and the program didn't have infinite spots. You considered yourself lucky to be able to practice your passion in school.

As you walked through the hallways, you decided to walk past your little sister Julie's locker to say hi and chat a bit. She noticed you from down the hall and waved happily, her best friend Flynn soon doing the same. When you were close enough, they greeted you.

"Hey (Y/N)," they spoke in unison, making you giggle. "Hey guys," you replied before seeing they both had a paper in their hands. "Oh? What's this?" You questioned. They didn't have to answer you because soon enough you also had one, put in your hands by Carrie Wilson, Julie's ex-friend. She put on a fake smile and chirped happily, "(Y/N), come see Dirty Candy!"

She didn't wait for you to respond and she turned on her heels to hand out more invitations, flipping her hair while doing so. When you made sure she was far enough and she couldn't hear you, you mimicked her words in a high pitched voice and flipped your hair. When you succeeded at making your sister and her friend laugh, you wished them luck for their next class and left with a "see you later."

You couldn't help the smile on your face as you walked down the road. You took a minute to think about how your life was going. Things were going smoothly, just the way you liked them. What you didn't know is that this very day, your life was about to change.