"Fine. Just when you come back with a boot mark on your forehead...I am going to have to say 'I told you so'"

Nick couldn't help but laugh at AJs stupid remark as he leaned over the counter to check in. The woman greeted him and pecked at her keyboard quickly and then smiled wishing him a safe trip. "I'll see you soon." Nick turned to give AJ a hug.

"Yeah. Good luck with the cowboy!" AJ waved as he watched Nick walk through the security check.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well baby is doing just fine. Seems like you are fine. Baby was too shy to let me know what the sex is...maybe on your next appointment. Do you have any questions Abby?"

Abby shook her head and ran a hand over her stomach, it had suddenly started to protrude. "No. Everything is just fine."

"Alright then, we will set you up for next month and we can find out what you are having. See you then."

The doctor walked out of the room. Abby slowly got dressed and walked out of the room to meet up with Annie. She felt sulkier than usual today. Especially after the doctors visit. It had her wondering if she was wrong for not telling Nick. Wondering what he would say the day she had the guts to tell him. If she ever did.

Would he be excited or would he hate the idea?

"I need to call Nick." she blurted while they were in the car.

Annie turned to look at her a little puzzled. "Excuse me?" She turned to look at her little sister, who had tears in her eyes, it didn't phase Annie anymore. Abby cried over commercials on TV.

"I think he needs to know. I know that you all are here for me, but I want him to enjoy this with me. Even if we aren't together, the baby deserves to know its father."

Annie nodded, "Ok. I understand. You can call him when we get home. Right now I want you to stop crying and let's go shopping for the nursery."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick took a deep breath as he pulled into the long dirt road that led to Abby's house. The fields looked endless and so did the road. He had no idea that Abby even lived on a ranch. She'd never mentioned it, like many other things. The big white house came into view and his eyes widened in surprise. The place was huge.

He parked behind a big white truck and stepped out to stretch. Nick looked around taking in how beautiful the place was. The house looked like it had recently been repainted and off to the side there was a big red barn. Horses trotted about. A tall guy was working on the fence all decked out in cowboy gear.

"Is there something I can do for you?" The cowboy stopped and turned to look at Nick.

"Uh...yeah I'm here to see Abby."

"The girls aren't home right now. Who are you?"

"Nick. Who are you?"

"I'm Henry. I work here."

"Among other things...right?"

Henry's eyebrows creased, "What does that mean?" He threw the tools in his hand onto the grass. "Not my business, but what are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to her about what happened...and you're right, it's not your business, even if she is your girlfriend."

Henry let out a bark of a laugh. "You are a funny guy!"

Nick tensed up and got serious. "I'm glad to humor you. Now where the hell is Abby?"

"I think...that you should go back where you came from and leave her alone. It's already been three whole months that you didn't bother communicating with her."

"The hell I'm leaving. I'm going to wait for her right here." The tension between the two men rose quickly.

Annie squinted her eyes and looked out the window, "Holy crap is that who I think it is?" She turned to look at Abby.

Abby strained herself to make out the two men by the fence. "Nick? Oh great, how am I supposed to hide this?"

"You're not! You said you wanted to tell him...well, this is your chance." Annie parked the car next to the pick-up truck and quickly got out. "Hey Henry! Can you give us a hand." Henry and Nick both looked her way. "Well...well look what the cat dragged in, Nick Carter."

Henry shoved his way past Nick and walked over to the car. "What's up?"

Annie popped the trunk and started taking out bags. "I need you to get the crib."

Nick had approached them and was confused for a bit. "Who is the crib for?"

Henry struggled with all the stuff in his hands and huffed at Nick, "It's for a baby...you idiot!"

"You and this guy are having a baby?" He pointed a finger at Annie, then Henry.

"Hell no! It's Abby..." Annie covered her mouth quickly, just as Abby had rounded up the courage to step out of the car.

Nick looked at her from head to toe in disbelief. His eyes were wide in surprise.

"Hi." She managed to mutter, nervously running a hand over her tiny bump. "I was gonna tell you...you just never called or anything."

He nodded his head and felt his hands ball up into fist. He could feel his brows creased with anger. "I guess that's a good thing. Why would I want to know this..." He started to walk away.

"What? What are you saying?"

Nick stormed to his rental, swung the door open and took one last glance at Abby. "Good luck!" He hopped into the car and sped away.

Abby stood in shock, unable to move. Annie placed an arm around her sister and helped her towards the stairs. "Maybe he's in shock."

Henry cleared his throat and ran a hand through his wavy hair. "Um...there might be a slight misunderstanding...somehow he's under the impression that you and I are an item...uh...I kinda didn't correct him."

"Henry!" Annie smacked him on the arm. While Abby still stared at the ground in silence.

"Well he asked if you and I were having a baby and..." He pointed at Annie, "your dumbass said no...it was Abby."

Annie rolled her eyes, "So?"

Abby finally spoke up, "He thinks Henry and I are having a baby."

"Oh shit!" Annie groaned realizing her mistake.