‘Sigh. Shouldn’t you be cooler than reality if you possessed by a novel? What is this, I’m only a loser?’

The original Edith was an errand who delivered messages between the main top and the main bottom.

However, unlike the original, her wish was not to meet Clyde from the beginning.

Obviously, she wouldn’t see any good things even if she got involved.

Let’s just keep the love affairs to each other. She tried to live a salary-earning live and self-sufficient, far from the original story. She didn’t get paid more to become messenger between the two main characters.

But Edith’s first attempt ended in vain as soon as she decided that.

The personnel manager made a ridiculous mistake.

Was this the power of the original story? What was supposed to be assigned as the Ministry of Goverment Affairs’ new member became the Imperial Family’s clerk, and of course it has to be the clerk at the Crown Prince’s Palace.

She couldn’t just blame the personnel manager. That person thought Edith’s application to work as a general official was rather a mistake, as she was the duke’s daughter.

This was because high-ranking families builds a close relationship with the Imperial Family by going up to the ranks through clerks and servants.

‘It’s impossible to go around talking about my house when I don’t have money.…’

Muttering a complaint that nearly came out from her mouth, she headed to Clyde’s place.

The Crown Prince’s palace was greater than what she had read. She didn’t know if it was because of her lack of imagination or the writer’s lack of expression.

Standing in the hall with a wide ceiling, she widened her mouth like a first timer and quickly managed her expression when a courtier pass by her.

Before her family was on the verge of bankruptcy, young Edith said she had stopped by the palace occasionally, so she shouldn’t make it obvious that she didn’t know.

Edith stopped by the personnel department and filed an objection, while acting as inconspicuously as possible from the Crown Prince.

“I clearly stated on my application form here that the Ministry of Government Affairs is my primary hope.”

She rummaged through her files and protested, pointing out the wrong passages in her application form.

“However since the department assignment is over, I can’t change it–”

“Of course, you have to change it! Do you know that a mistake can change one person’s fate?”

“But–”

“If you don’t change it, I’ll ask the Minister of State for a meeting. Do you know if the minister and my father have a close relationship?”

It was a bluff, but the personnel manager who didn’t know the relationship between the higher aristocrats, was fed up with it.

“I-I’ll try my best.”

“As quickly as possible.”

“… Yes, quickly.”

She left the personnel department firmly, expecting to stay at the Crown Prince’s Palace only for a few days.

Edith wanted to do her best to get away from the original work.

The role of a hard-working messenger wasn’t the only problem. Clyde, who will become a brilliant tyrant in history would be surrounded by many sword-wielding case where many lifeline come and goes. It was best to stay very far away.