ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ

Bắt đầu từ đầu

He didn't hesitate and helped me sit down on the stairs. Pulling one of my hands to his chest over his heart. I could feel his heartbeat through his chest.

"Just focus on that okay. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere. I'm safe. We're safe." He rambled trying anything to get me to calm down.

It took a bit for me to take a deep breath, but Adam eventually helped me get there. Liv left us alone, Adam said she had to go pick up Mako from Anthony's. We just sat there for a while in silence. I knew we both had stuff to say, but it was hard to ruin a quiet moment.

"What happened?" I asked, my voice cracked.

"I got stuck with a group of vampires and we found the Cullen's playing baseball with a human girl clinging to Edward. James smelt her and reacted which set the Cullen's off." He quickly explained.

"Emmett called. Asking me to ask you about James. Said to get any information to Eddie." I sneered.

"You don't sound to upset about this girl." Adam stated.

"Her name is Bella. She's Edward's mate apparently. Umm I'm having those dreams again. Like when my parents died. I think it was trying to warn me about this maybe. Whatever James is going to do. I don't think I'm human Adam." I confessed out loud for the first time.

"Well, I will get to that bombshell in a minute, but what's up with you and Emmett?" He wondered.

"I went to Rose since she also wasn't a fan of Bella and told her about my dreams. Emmett caught us and we got into a fight. Then argued again earlier today and Zak walked in to find out I was having dreams about our parents death before it happened." I caught him up to speed.

"I'm sure you guys will figure it out. You're his mate." Adam encouraged me.

"Alice told him that. Alice told Edward about Bella coming. Alice's visions are subjective. They don't always mean that something is going to happen." I whispered, not sure what to believe anymore.

"So that's it, you're just done? Adam questioned.

"I can't really do anything about it at the moment, we have more important things to worry about. Like what's going to happen when the police or Zak call your parents?" I dropped us both back into the reality of the situation.

"We're fucked." He chuckled.

"You and me against the world, right?"

"You and me Lee," he responded.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ 📷⋅.} ────── ⊰

The next few days are a game of phone tag between the Cullen's and Adam's parents. I don't think I've talked on the phone this much in my life. Emmett nor Edward would give any more details then Bella was in danger. Adam's parents were on their way here to take Adam home which he was trying to avoid. Zak won't talk to me and sends Liv or Mako to tell me things. I was trying to work on some homework when Adam walked into my room.

"Hey, umm the Cullen's got back. Bella is fine other than some broken bones." Adam told me.

"Great." I muttered, not really sure what else to say.

"Maybe now you and Emmett can talk." He suggested.

"Yea, like Zak would let him inside the house again." I sneered.

"Well then go to him or flag him down at school." Adam offered.

"Adam, I love you, but I can't even focus on that right now. I overheard a rather unpleasant conversation between Zak and Liv. My mind is spinning." I confessed.