𝟡. ℂ𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕞𝕖 𝕒 𝔾𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕦𝕤

Hey y'all lovely people! I'm so sorry for the  sudden pause, I had extra homework that was really urgent...

But I think you'll enjoy this chapter ;)

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Clack, clack, clack.

Gentle, almost timid knocks could be heard echoing in the silence of midnight. The occupant of the four poster bed sneezed, brushing the dust off the curtains. There it was again, the knocking became louder. Grumpily, she slid from her blankets and crawled to the door, but before she opened it, she took a small knife from the window just to be safe.

[Y/N] turned the doorknob slowly and peeked into the hallway's dim lights. She jumped as she was greeted by bright shining azure eyes blinking at her in the dark. 

"Hey, Girlie," his voice was not confident like usual, instead he sounded afraid and conflicted.

"I don't—"

"Look I'm sorry," he interrupted, his words growing steadily faster, "I have been a Fatui Harbinger for quite some time and I never told you. I just... didn't know when. I promise was was going too, but there was never a good opportunity. I'm sorry I lied, I really am. When I heard the Balladeer had captured a new prisoner from Liyue, never have I ever thought it would have been you. I hate Harbingers as much as you must, but it's my job. So please, forgive me?"

[Y/N] stayed silent, looking anywhere but at her old friend. "I don't know. I don't know if I can continue trusting you. You told me about all the horrible things the Harbingers did like you were never one of them. I'm sorry, I can't forgive you just yet."

"That's fine," his spoke gently, turning away. "Just so you know, you'll always be my little sister no matter what. Have a good night then."

She stood there, not knowing if she did the right thing or not. Deep down, she knew she had already forgiven Childe, yet she didn't want to, not yet. 

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Someone, presumably a Fatui agent stood outside [Y/N]'s door, silently waiting. It opened to reveal Scaramouche, irritation creasing his face as he stared the girl up and down.

"You're late," he muttered. "Training started several minutes ago."

"Who am I training with?" She asked, rolling her eyes.

"Me," he replied, clearly annoyed.

"Just so you know, I never wanted this either! If you never taken me captive, I wouldn't be here to waste precious time!" She growled, clenching her fists in her pocket. "I never chose this, you did. Now deal with it."

Upon their arrival, [Y/N] saw Fatui agents gathered around the barren room. They were whispering to one another, laughing behind their hands as they jeered for the poor girl to lose.

"I thought you said just you!" She whispered in agitation.

"I never said there wouldn't be an audience," the Balladeer shrugged, unperturbed.

As the duo stepped down the short steps to the dimly lit room with only three large windows for light, the Fatui all went silent—not for [Y/N] but for the Balladeer, whose intimidating glare made everyone cower.

"We'll see how this goes," he sneered.

The two each grasped a wooden staff and began to walk in slow circles, keeping a close eye on the other's movements. Then, the Balladeer suddenly halted, making [Y/N] do the same. In almost an effortless manner, he sprung at the startled girl almost like a hawk. Luckily, the [h/cnette/blonde...] dodged to the side, narrowly dodging the long stick of wood. Scaramouche grinned, noting the surprise on her face. With one quick flick, he disarmed her.