A true hero.

The rain is cold, bitter almost. The storm has passed now. The house is quiet. I can hear the clock ticking quietly. I can hear the icy shards scattering the ground outside, humidity lies in the air. I am all alone now. No one can see me. So I take off the cloth bandage covering my eyes and begin to make myself a drink, but a knock on the door disturbs me. "Who's there?" I call out, giving myself time to put my glasses on. I see black. "Michale, Michale Rogers," comes a voice from outside the door. I smile. I like Michale Rogers, he's lived in the house next to me for a few years, and he always comes to check on me and drop off food that his wife had made. I walk to the door and unlock it. He's standing there with a basket in hand. "Good morning Lucas," he states,I greet him with a nod and a smile. I've never been much of a chatter.

"My wife was worried about you all alone with the storm last night," I shrug, I feel for the door frame and lean on it. "I'm alright, not a fan of the noise though," I say jokingly. "Well your welcome round whenever you'd like." I smile again, "Thank you," he hands me a small basket with some food and fruit in it before leaving. I set it down in my kitchen and headed into my living room. Rain starts to pour outside and I sigh. I feel something fluffy creep onto my lap, "Hello Toby," I say softly, the small black kitten meows at me, he's hungry.

I walk to the kitchen but the box of food is empty. There's a shop not to far from here, walking distance at least. I put on my coat and grab my cane, I shut the door behind me, it's raining slightly so I take my umbrella with me. I can hear the pitter patter of rain on the ground around me. It's cold. I hear people's feet sloshing around in the rain. I get to a traffic light and wait for the beeping sound. I begin to walk across, I hear a splash, I hear a scream.

Without thinking, I run forward, my body collided with someone else's. I fall. The sound of a car passes just by my ear. The person I've crashed into lies still, my blood goes cold. Shallow breathing comes from the body and I breath freely again. A woman runs towards me and thanks me. I tilt my glasses down as I realize what I've done, i pushed the girl away from a car. I saved her life. I hear clapping and crying from around me and I smile. Maybe I wasn't a monster after all.

It's been two years since I saved that girl, and I regret it. Everyone thinks I'm a hero, but no one knows who I truly am, nobody knows I killed them, they all still think I'm blind.