eruption

➳➳➳

EXTENDED SUMMARY !

Venus Andeva was warm but not scalding, gentle but not fragile. She was a breath of fresh air that had blown through the branches of pine-scented trees and skimmed the glittering surface of a freshwater lake. Pluck the sun from the sky to guard it in a human body, and Venus would be the result; that's what everyone would agree upon.

But in a dark world of death and destruction, not even Venus could avoid the eclipse that parried her light. Reaped for the 69th Hunger Games, she could no longer afford to clutch her morals in her fists or cast her warm glow into the shadows. Kill or be killed. Those were the rules, and no one except the top of the top could ever hope to tune out those words.

After emerging from the arena, both victorious and a killer, Venus no longer recognised the girl she saw in the mirror. Any flickers of a flame were gone, no trace left of a smile or an open heart. They often said the games changed you, and Venus felt that more than most. And when her own body was put on the market — considered a desirable — Venus didn't crack or break; she clicked. Clicked into a person she had never wished to be, unable to crawl her way back.

Now, as President Snow announces the highly anticipated Quarter Quell, Venus is able to listen through the roaring Capitol and hear the whispers of a rebellion. A team is building, a plan hatching underneath the very noses of the Capitol. A chance to throw it all back at Snow. And she is determined to take it, just as he took everything from her.

or

In which Venus Andeva wants to be part of the flint that ignites the rebellion.