♧Chapiter 1♧

Eun-Jeong opened her eyes as she woke up from the quick nap she had decided to take. There was a nice cold breeze going through her hair, which she had put up in a half hairdo because of the wind that was making it go crazy, not that it helped all that much as there was still a piece of hair that was covering her eyes. She quickly snatched it from its place and put it behind her ear as she didn't feel like spending more time on such a little problem and it seemed like the most efficient way to get the irritating thing out of her sight.

When she was finally able to take a look at her surroundings and see what was happening around her she noticed that they had almost reached their destination as she could see the country of Deaho forming itself in the distance. And with the speed the boat, which she was on, was moving it wouldn't take long before it would reach shore.

She looked down to her bag, which was situated in her lap together with her sword and opened it to see if everything was still in there as it should be because she didn't want to risk anything with how she knew no one on the boat. And she knew that if there was one thief out there who was able to steal from her without her noticing it in an instant that there would be more.

Not that she had a lot she was travelling with in the first place, just some food, money, her herbs and of course she couldn't forget the most important thing of all; Songrim's spirit plague, which she was definitely not prepared to lose because of the punishment that came with it. It shone in the sunlight that had gotten in through the opening of the bag, sunlight which would probably be the last of today as the sun was beginning to set already and rather quickly as well, just like it always happened in these colder months of the year.

Eun-Jeong was hoping that she would be able to arrive at Chwiseonru before that sun was able to completely set, but looking at it right now she didn't think it was even remotely possible. She knew she should have left earlier, but Master Lee kept coming up with all sorts of excuses to keep her in Dahnyanggok. And she would have stayed if it was any other occasion as she felt a little sorry for the man, but she needed to see if Naksu was really dead for herself because she did not think the rumours had any possibility of being even remotely true.

And besides, she knew she should probably check up on everyone back at home as well. There were many kinds of things that she knew had a possibility of having happened in all that time she was gone. Most of them were pretty over the top though and she would probably start laughing if someone actually told her they were true. She also trusted that she somehow would have been notified of these things and if not they probably thought her dead. She shook her head at that thought as it was honestly ridiculous.

But she would be figuring that out tomorrow as she had been planning on making her 'big entrance' right about then. She would have to beg Ju-wol in order to keep her arrival in Deaho as quiet as she possibly could, of course it would be ideal if no one besides her found out, but she knew she couldn't have everything. And it wasn't like it would take much time of her day convincing her.

For now she just decided to grab her bag and swing it over her shoulder while grabbing her sword in her left hand, clenching it tightly inside her palm as the familiar form and shape of the blade's confinement comforted her in a way.

She slowly walked over to the side of the boat and took in the sight of the country in the distance, which she had grown up in, becoming larger and larger taking in more space in her eye field as the time went by.

As she was enjoying the beautiful scenery in front of her she hadn't noticed anyone walking up behind her, after which she cursed at herself for not being sharp enough. But when she felt a light tug on her hanbok she quickly turned around, in those few seconds her right hand also found its way to the handle of her sword.

She was surprised at what she saw; a pair of children, probably twins, staring up at her with kind smiles on their faces. She relaxed at the sight, but her hand stayed where it was as she wasn't ready to let go yet. The children, a boy and girl to be precise, were getting cuter and cuter by the second and she couldn't help but smile back at them.

"Lady?" The little boy questioned.

"Yes." She responded to his question trying not to make her response one as she did so not wanting to come over as nervous or unsure to them, just like they seemed to be.

"Are you perhaps an assassin?" The question and his straightforwardness about it surprised her as it wasn't expected in the slightest.

"Yeah! Like the shadow assassin Naksu!" The girl now spoke up with excitement as she had been standing quietly next to her brother up till now, but after finding her courage she definitely went for it. And she would have found it adorable if it wasn't for the subject they were discussing.

Eun-Jeong let out a rather awkward chuckle before deciding to give those little ones, who were now staring up at her with big excited puppy eyes, an answer. "No, definitely not. Not the killing type. But how did you two come up with that question, mhm?" She asked them as curiosity got the better of her.

They looked at each other before answering her in sync. "Well you see lady, you kind of look like how we imagined an assassin would; you have the black clothes with a hat that sort of covers your face with a cloth, even if it is thin. And the sword just finishes the look for us." They quickly explained like they had been rehearsing that for the past hour or so.

She looked at them for a second. "Valid." Was then all she answered. "You guys want something?" And there were those excited puppy dog eyes again. She saw that as a yes to her previous question and opened her bag.

Knowing that she will be in Chwiseonru soon and that she had eaten an hour ago already meant she could miss a few of her biscuits. "Home made, with lots of love of course." Is what she told the kids as she gave them the food. "Now go back to your mother. And don't forget to share with her!" Eun-Jeong shouted after them as they ran back to where she assumed their mother to be.

She let out another chuckle as she thought back to their conversation. The fact that they saw her as someone who could be a possible equal to the shadow assassin Naksu... She didn't know what to think of that, but she knew that she didn't deserve such honour, especially now.

Naksu is powerful, more than she could ever dream of being. So she didn't think she could ever be compared to such a strong woman.

But either way that does not change the fact that Naksu could be dead, something that Eun-Jeong wanted to figure out as quickly as she possibly could.