13: Until I Met You

Start from the beginning

Cason rolled his eyes as he leant sideways on the locker located next to mine. “Even though it was simply amusing when you jumped at the sight of my wondrous body,” he started, making me roll my eyes at his cockiness before he continued, “I actually received quite an interesting text from my mom a couple of minutes ago.”

Still not understanding why he was here, I questioned him again. “And what does that have to do with me?”

“Well, apparently she invited your mom over for another dinner and was wondering if you were coming since she has to start dinner as soon as she gets home.” he stated.

Now it all made sense to me. I guess from some of the things that my mom had been telling me, it was safe to assume that her and Diana were getting along really well and, it only made sense to have dinner with each other once and a while.

I had only attended that first dinner with my mom, the one where Cason stupidly tossed me into his pool, and since then I haven’t really felt up for another soaking so, I hadn’t been over to the Michaels house since.

Even though I didn’t attend any of Diana’s dinners in the past month or so, that didn’t mean my mom followed my lead. In fact, I’m pretty sure she had been over there four or five times to talk and hang out with her friend.

“So, are you in?” Cason asked.

“I don’t know… am I going to have the pleasure of walking home in soaking wet clothes this time?” I asked sarcastically, bringing up my only bad experience at his house.

Cason chuckled, probably remembering the pleasure that he had when he saw me sink down into the water. “Well, as much fun as that was,” he said teasingly, causing me to send a quick glare in his direction before he continued, “I think my mom would probably ground me for a while if I was to do that again.”

“Then I think I can take the chance and come to dinner if your sure nothing is going to happen to me.” I replied with a small smile.

“I didn’t promise nothing would happen to you, I just promised that you wouldn’t go for an unexpected dip in the pool.” he replied with a smirk.

“Just tell your mom that I’ll be coming over and stop annoying me before I change my mind.” I said with a small smile, nodding towards the phone he had in his hand.

“Then I’ll see you tonight.” he said with a final nod before walking down the corridor without a care in the world.

As I watched him leave, I shook my head at his calm and collected walk of confidence before following his lead and heading towards the front entrance of the school, ready to start my weekend.

The walk home didn’t take all that long, about ten minutes at most, and it wasn’t extremely hot outside this afternoon, making me smile as I didn’t have to worry about my straightened hair expanding to look like run over tumbleweeds.

Entering my house, I knew I didn’t have any plans until my mom got home and we headed over to the Michaels for dinner so, I simply walked into the living room and sank into the couch, deciding to spend my free time catching up on an episode or two of Gilmore Girls.