0014 | endless entertainment

TWO HOURS AGO, AFTER THE PERFORMANCE

"—I wish this year for it to be another fulfilling and enjoyable festival for all. This was just a beginning ladies and gentlemen, the island will be surrounded by music that reaches the heavens and we'll dance day and night!" The handsome man in a magician's outfit exclaimed. Such exhilaration made everyone cheered loudly. This made the man grin more, looking over at the citizens and guests from all over the world.

"Welcome to our year's Grand Terpsichorean Festival!" After his final words of his speech, he bowed down along with his performers by his side. Once again, everyone applauded. With a sigh, he turned his back and went backstage which was behind the curtains, and following behind were his backup dancers who were as satisfied and tired as him.

The backstage crew clapped at all of them.

"Good work!"

"That was wonderful!"

"You really are such a star, Zane!"

Hearing the praises, he let out an embarrassed laugh. He thanked them all as he walked by them all towards his dressing room to take a breather. Zane opened the door to his room. He turned to them once more and smiled. "You guys get some rest. We'll celebrate later." They let out a chorus of responses which he nodded. After that, when the door closed, he leaned back and let out a big sigh. "Finally finished..."

"That was amazing!" He jumped at the sudden voice and his gaze snapped towards the open window to see you sitting by the edge. You cheekily laughed seeing his shocked expression. Zane paused for a moment looking at you then smiled wide when he realized it was you. "[Y/N]!"

You jumped inside and closed the window shut. When you turned around, you were immediately engulfed by a big hug from him.

"You're back!" Zane laughed as he snuggled at your shoulder.

"I'm back!" You also hugged him tight, missing his presence.

"You're just in time too!" He released you and put his hands on your shoulders. His finger scratched his left cheek which was a bit red. "Then, did you see my performance?"

"Obviously!" You grinned wide. Your eyes sparkled just by reminiscing about it. "That was a fantastic introduction to this year's festival. I bet a lot of the guests will be staying and it will benefit us a lot!"

Zane scratched his head shyly as his cheeks dusted red more. "That was nothing..."

"You don't credit yourself a lot!" You slapped his back. "Praise yourself once in a while man!"

"Yeah, yeah." He shook his head ignoring what you had said. He looked at you once more and his eyes softened by the sight of you. Raising his right hand, he patted your head. "It's good to have you back."