0011 | to become stronger

"Here's the full payment

"Here's the full payment."

You snapped out of your daydreams when you heard a loud thump on the wooden counter. You glanced down at the bag filled with money for a second before grabbing it. In a lighthearted tone, you thank the marine. It is quite heavy for a normal human being to struggle its weight as you can tell by holding it, but for your inhumane strength it only weighs like a pillow.

"I wonder, what do you even do with the large amount of cash you have been receiving?" You looked up to the pink-haired marine who was looking at your bag of money. She puffed out a smoke from her cigarette.

You merely shrugged. "I don't spend most of the money and I usually just keep it in my bank account or donate some of it."

Hina hummed at your response. "As expected from the kind maiden hero."

"You flatter me..." You chuckled lightly. "Anyways, I'll explore the city for a bit while my ship gets repaired then sail away to do things I usually do."'I have to go back to send those files.'

"As you wish." The marine waved her hand, nonchalantly. Thanks to the navy captain, the marines had offered help in repairing your Wanderlust. It has been days, specifically a week and a half since the Alabasta incident and it has been serene. You planned to stay in Alabasta for a few more days to repair the ship, but Hina had offered to let them do the repairs instead. Oh, how thankful you were for that. Plus, it was more convenient with them since they could escort you to their base to receive your payment.

"I heard from the people repairing your ship, there will only be an hour left to finish repairing it. Stay as long as you like, you're pretty welcome around here. Plus, it's funny to see the boys get their ego crushed when you flex your muscles around." She chuckled, her eyes roaming your figure. "But I'm glad you did. Most of them are lazing off recently and I'm glad you gave them some sort of boost. Thank you for that."

"Well, that wasn't my intention at all." You scratched your head and chuckled. "And I wasn't the one who gave them the boost at all."

Rewinding back a few days ago, when you were sailing with them in the Navy ship. It was early morning at that time when it happened. You were at the deck, doing your morning exercise routine, wearing a plain black shirt and shorts to move around easily. You had nothing to do around the ship but to do your usual routines or even laze out. Exercising was one thing keeping you entertained around.

You were so focused that you didn't notice the audience starting to form around you. When you had finished counting your usual push-ups, you glanced up to see everyone who had different expressions towards you. Awkwardly, you waved at them. "Hi?" They didn't wave back. 'How rude.'

"What are you all doing here?" A voice interrupted you all, turning around and you saw Smoker approaching the crowd.

"I was exercising." You respond. Smoker looked around at the marines who had their eyes on you both. Suddenly, he blurted out. "If you guys have time to stare at a woman, you all must have time to do a proper workout. You all look like twigs in her presence."