Chapter 8 - Still confused.

Start from the beginning

"So, how did a nonbender like you, manage to start coaching a probending team?" 

Hiroshi Sato, creator of the Satomobile, is interested in my life. He didn't have to start a conversation with me, he didn't even have to acknowledge me, yet he did. 

Having someone wanting to know about my life is like a breath of fresh air. 

"Well, the chief put me in charge of them so I could have a place to stay." I don't need to tell him that it was my only way out of jail, he didn't need to know. 

"I understand completely."

huh? 

How would a millionaire understand how I feel? 

"Confused?"

It's like he can read my mind. He still upheld his warm smile. "I too came from humble beginnings." 

"really? but you're The Hiroshi Sato." He let out a hearty laugh before continuing. " I was very lucky enough to meet someone who believed in me, really believed in me. He gave me the money I needed to get my idea off the ground and I built the entire Future Industries empire from that one selfless loan." He said it as casually as you would when asking someone's name. 

"So, if you didn't meet that guy, you wouldn't be, well, you know?"  He chuckled a bit and flashed that genuine smile once more, "Who knows? Maybe I still might, but having someone who believes in you is one of the most important things." 

oh, so this wasn't just a story. He wants something from me, doesn't he

Or maybe he could just believe in me

"yeah, I guess you're right, Mr Sato." "Oh please, call me Hiroshi." He then gave me a pat on the shoulder before walking off.

"Isn't Mr Sato the best!" Bolin is screaming in my ear, again. "Yeah, he is... And inside voice Bolin."  He gave me a little sorry face before dragging me over to where Mako and Asami were now walking. Apparently they were walking over to the man I had just been talking to... and the girl I was trying to avoid.

I was close enough for them to be in ear shot, but not enough to be seen yet. "This is my daughter, Asami." of course, Asami gave korra a warm greeting. "It's lovely to meet you. Mako's told me so much about you." Korra took the opposite approach. "Really? Because he hasn't mentioned you at all. How did you two meet?" Why is she being so rude? At this point, Bo and I have officially made it into the conversation. He leant over Korra's shoulder and spat the information at her fast "Asami crashed into him on her moped." He face changed completely. A look of annoyance, change to one of concern. "What? Are you okay?" Why is she so worried? Look, I get that he was run over and stuff, but she barely knows him. I scoff a little but surely not loud enough that anyone heard me. 

Korra's Pov:

Look, this party seemed like it could be fun before but I feel like everyone is counting on me to fix things. I want to help, I really do, but I don't know. Everything is confusing right now. Tarrlok has me talking to all of these people who I feel like I should know but I don't.

At least this is a good distraction from mako and y/n.

The past couple of days has made no sense. When looking for Bolin, mako and I had this moment. 

It felt so famiY/nr. 

It was like it had happened so many times before, just not with him

When we were at the park, he said something about y/n going missing. He said it like it was a common occurrence. I guess that will make tonight easier knowing that she won't be here.