Escape and Freedom?

I was reorganizing the herbs as I hear the village's bell chime causing me to snicker.

"Shirayuki's going to be late" I muttered going to the front door and flipping the sign to indicate that we're open.

"Shira hasn't eaten yet so I guess i'll make her something to eat while waiting for our clients" I said temporality leaving to go and whip something up for Shira.

____________________________________

"Here you go ma'am, have a nice day" I bid a regular costumer of ours a goodbye as I made my way to go and prepare something for Kino since I heard from Shirayuki that she's experiencing some back pain.

As I reached out for the bottle I heard the door's bell chime followed by a "Sorry I'm late Maia" apologetically.

"Took you long enough, Shira" I chuckled as she made her way to my side and prepare those new herbs she has found.

__________________________________________

"See you soon miss Maia, miss Shirayuki" Yoshi's voice resounded in my ears as we also bid him farewell.

"Thanks for your patience, you're still waiting for your medicine, right Kino?" Shirayuki asked Kino causing me to tense up.

'I completely forgot about her medicine after Shira came back!' I internally panicked as Shirayuki made her way to my side and noticing my tense form and the bead of sweat trickling down the side of my forehead.

"You forgot didn't you?" Shirayuki asked me in her calm demeanor causing me to smile apologetically as she mutter a 'that's fine we'll make a new batch then' to which I sighed in relief.

"Yes, but please take your time. I just came to rest my eyes on your beautiful hair and your beautiful eyes. I've never seen quite so extraordinary" Kino replied to Shirayuki as she complimented us both making me don a soft smile.

"Thanks Kino you flatter us, right Shira?" I said as I placed the supplies we'll need on the counter as Shirayuki prepared the herbs.

"Yes" she agreed to my statement before answering her own "That's so sweet thank you! But since we already have you here we'll start repairing another remedy. I found some good medicinal herbs so please take some with you"

"Yes, our Shirayuki here came to the forest again this morning making the herbs nice and fresh" I said with a smile causing the older woman to smile wider.

However, when I turned my back we heard crying making me turn around and Shirayuki to stop opening the bottle which was kind of entertaining since she was struggling to open it.

"You two have turned into very fine young herbalists if only Shirayuki's late grandparents could see this, they would be beaming with pride!" Kino cried as she wiped some of it with her handkerchief.

I'm not an herbalist though. I'm just helping out I thought sweat dropping at her statement internally.

"Oh, no, Kino please don't-" Shirayuki pleaded but was cut off by Kino, exclaiming,

"Oh! My goodness I believe I left the stove on, I must go!" Kino stood up wearing a apologetic smile as she made her way to leave and leaving us confused, but not before saying 'oh dear silly me'.

I sweat dropped at Kino's antics as I start to put the things away.

"I guess we could bring it to her house later, Shira" I said placing some of the herbs she took out back at the shelf.

"I guess your right" She uttered, and took another herb container from the counter to put back in the shelf but before she could do that, the door bell chimed and assuming that Kino came back, both me and Shirayuki opened the bottle we're holding.