𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝟕

Start from the beginning

"Uh... sorry about the... Nick." he beckoned to her cut.

"No good deed goes unpunished," Wednesday concluded, diminishing his assurance. She grabs her coat and leaves, finding the small conversation a waste of time.

She proceeds to make her way out, halting in her tracks when the water cooler gurgles. The goth girl concisely glances at it and then stalks away - it was then when Thing emerges from behind the bubbling water jog.

Her excursion to the courtyard was rather short and quick, yet she was absentmindedly of the rain until the pitter-patter of drops falling outside filled her ears. She gazes at the gloomy clouds, wondering how a colorless color could turn clouds tar-black.

The air around her turns distilled with the musky and fresh air of petrichor. She takes a long inhale - feeling the heavy air enter and exit her alveolus. Wednesday unravels her banal black umbrella - her shielding from the tears of nature's rage.

The goth girl saunters to her destination, inattentive to the sound of the gargoyle inching toward the ledge. Her rumination has been all over the place - acting contrary. It wasn't until the tumultuous stone scraping that she halts and looks up.

Now, this was undeniably odd in her view. Wednesday continued to stare at the falling gargoyle - time entering into a hindrance state - the same as when she was fighting Bianca. She wanted to move, yet she was unable to. Her body was screaming to dodge, but her body impeded her thinking.

Was this going to be an imaginable death?

"I would advice ceasing your staring contest with the gargoyle." A calm voice announced to her.

Wednesday didn't have time to react when a callous hand grasp her forearm as she was thrown back. Regrettably, her savior wasn't conscious of how much strength he utilized until her head made contact with the concrete floor; rendering her unconscious.

Nonetheless, before she went unconscious, Wednesday managed to catch a brief glimpse of the individual who saved her. His dull e/c, h/c hair, and scarred face made it all knowledge of who it was. Then her vision started to narrow as she felt consciousness slip out of her body before darkness embraced her like a blanket.

Y/n stared at the unconscious form of Wednesday, cursing himself for exerting more force on the throw. Yet, how could he not? When he gazed at her standing there, unmoving and unresponsive from the other side of the courtyard, his body went into a state of autopilot.

Name it tendency - or impulse - perhaps disposition - but he couldn't watch her die. Predominantly, when a person he knew had a similar death to a falling object landing on them, with the aftermath being viscera all around.

Y/n grimaced at the thought before shaking his head. He kneeled close to her unconscious form, staring at her closed eyes and her lips parting. Pressing a finger to her pulse, he felt it beating, although low. A low sigh escaped his lips, feeling the raindrops smashing against the back of his head.

He took off his blazer, using it to protect the unconscious Wednesday from the rain. It was then that his ears picked up the sound of hastened footsteps reverberating in the courtyard. Y/n didn't need to question who it was when its voice was all he needed as details.

"What did you do to her?" Xavier exclaimed, his brows furrowing into a baleful glare.

Y/n merely ignored him, tucking one of his arms under Wednesday's legs and the other to support her back, carrying her in a bridal style.

"If you can use your perception, the shattered pieces of the gargoyle on the ground would give an intimation to answer your supposition." Y/n gazed at Xavier boredly.

Xavier's olive-colored eyes glanced at the sculpture fragments to his left. His glare began to soften, feeling like a slight fool for aptitude emotions. However, that wasn't the logic for his anger; it was the harsh manner Y/n threw Wednesday to the ground.

"Did you seriously have to be so forceful in the way you threw her?" it came out more like a rebuke than a query.

"My actions should not be of your fret. I managed to appear just in time before the carving had a chance to smite her." Y/n answered stoically, turning around to head back inside. Without elaborating anymore, he concluded the talk, or so he believed.

Xavier quirked an eyebrow. "Wait, where are you going?"

"Taking her to the facility serving as a hospital."

"...Where?"

"Infirmary." Y/n clarified. "You can relax your libido you have for the girl. I won't do anything to her."

The stoic male didn't desist in his tracks to hearken the torture's artist ripost. Xavier stood back, a massive blush plastered on his face with a glare boring into Y/n's retreating form. He genuinely didn't understand Y/n - the corroboration being his enigmatic responses.

For the second time, the long-haired male shook his head, calming his red face from the sudden absurd statement Y/n made. Not wanting to waste more time, he trailed behind Y/n.

Xavier awkwardly waved at a few nurses who passed by the moment he entered the infirmary. Vaguely, he felt distant being in here - the last time he was ever here was when he got injured in fencing class. And the one to cause his injuries was in the same room as him.

The tortured artist stared as Y/n laid Wednesday on the soft, cushioned mattress gently. The e/c colored male positioned the goth girl in a more comfortable pose so she didn't wake up in discomfort.

Xavier approached the nonchalant male - an uneasy sentiment filled him. He was still wary of Y/n; the way he stood there, silent, only added more fuel to his caution.

"You can stay here once she gains consciousness," Y/n announced out of nowhere.

"And where are you going to be?" Xavier inquiry.

"Away."

Xavier waited for him to continue, yet the stoic male didn't seem eager to elaborate. Not like he even looks eager at all.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't find a motive to reside here. My objective was completed, I saved her from a possible perpetual injury or death. Besides, she won't be fond to see me here." Y/n elucidated, sauntering past Xavier.

Xavier let out a low sigh. "You know you don't have to leave, right? I'm not the one that saved her."

"I'll still stick to my assertion. You can apprise her that you saved her." Y/n concluded.

Xavier was taken aback by his last remark, more so for letting him tell Wednesday he was the rescuer. Although he disliked Y/n, he wasn't planning to take the credit from him. But he wasn't able to voice his retort before Y/n was already out of the room.

Xavier cursed mentally, irked at the nonchalant male leaving him here, and also being unfamiliar with Wednesday. Contrary, he did know the goth girl from a long time ago, however, that was before.

His eyes gazed at the sleeping face of Wednesday - peaceful she appeared. Xavier invariably wondered how a monotone individual like Wednesday, even Y/n, could look so distant and cold, yet so peaceful and tranquil in their sleep. People who obscure their emotions and any other form of sentiment - conceal their facial expressions.

Was Y/n the same? Peaceful in his sleep, and apathetic when awake. Unfortunately, he didn't have cognizance or comprehension regarding Y/n.

In all the time he has been familiar with Y/n, there hasn't been a time he's seen the impassive male crack a smile. It was like smiling was a sin to him - that alone was enough to cause inappreciable fear to Xavier.

Feeling a slight headache approaching from all the thinking, Xavier elected to divert his attention to more important matters. One of them being Wednesday and her reaction to his presence.

He was unsure how she will respond once she woke up. Will she remember him? Recall the time of their first encounter? Or maybe she will be his friend again?

All these quizzings, but there's a question that looms over him.

How did Y/n and Wednesday meet?