𝕗𝕖𝕒𝕣 𝕙𝕖𝕣 (𝟙)

Start from the beginning

the doctor came up behind callisto, placing his hands on her hips as he looked outside, his broad grin never wavering, "brilliant!"

callisto stepped out of the ship and the doctor followed, closing the door behind them, it automatically locking rose inside, safe. they pair started to walk down the busy street in the flow of the crowds, marvelling at the amazing beauty of the planet and its people. the doctor looked down at callisto when he felt her hand reach for his own, their fingers intertwining, and he smiled at her lovingly as she watched the festival around her.

neighbours came out of their homes, which looked smooth and beige on the outside, but through the windows it was visible that their homes were decorated with brightness. the neighbours approached other houses, inviting them outside or exchanging gifts with large, proud smiles on their faces.

"this place is beautiful." callisto said in wonder, the doctor pulling her through the stream of people, twisting through the crowd.

a purple man with streaks of orange, blue, yellow and green decorating his happy face approached them and lay two necklaces of the planet's flowers over their heads, a way of welcoming to two clear non-residents of the planet. he was then whisked away by a pink man with similar face paint, dancing down the street together with the other people.

"let's go to the market." the doctor smiled, callisto nodding in agreement.

they followed the crowd for a little longer, glancing down streets until they saw an open patch of sand with market stalls standing up. it was quieter than the street they'd been on previously, but it was still fairly busy with the people buying what they pleased, even standing beside the stalls to talk with the sellers like old friends.

"wait here one second. i'll be right back!" the doctor called, already rushing off through the busy street, only leaving callisto a view of his spiky hair over a few shorter people before he was gone.

she smiled to herself and approached a stall, feeling the soft fabric of a blanket that was lay across the table, embroidered with bright flowers and the vibrant sky whales on a black base, which made the embroidery seem even more beautiful. everything on this planet seemed to be bright and colourful and it certainly reflected the attitude of its people. 

"would you like it?" the stall owner asked with a friendly smile on his purple lips.

"no, thank you. i haven't got any money." callisto replied, taking her hands from the blanket.

"you don't need any." he stated and when callisto looked at him in confusion, he explained. "because of the occasion, most of the people choose to give their items instead of selling them. the whole reason for this celebration is generosity because of the help we received from our neighbouring planets. so, would you like it?"

"yes, if you don't mind." callisto agreed and he pushed the blanket towards her on the stall. "thank you."

"no problem! enjoy the festival!" the man beamed, turning to the pair of children waiting to get something from his stall.

folding the blanket over her arm, callisto walked down the street further in search of the doctor. she still couldn't see him around and wondered why he'd ran off so suddenly. during her search, callisto continued to admire the planet she'd been so fascinated with feeling a little bit guilty they'd left rose on the t.a.r.d.i.s to sleep.

"callisto!" the doctor called, somehow behind callisto now, wrapping an arm around her waist.

callisto leaned into him and turned her gaze to his face, "where'd you go?"

"i thought i saw a perception filter on something but i was wrong. accidentally stood on a man. anyway, i found this!" the doctor grinned, choosing to ignore his second to last sentence as he held up a bowl with a luminous green and blue substance inside, looking almost like sorbet. "it's delicious! try some."