Part 12 - Drink

Tim's POV:
Ty wasn't acting like himself. Obviously, I mean, his wife died a week ago but he had started to act... a way I was very familiar with. I knew what it felt like, to loose the person you loved, but not to the extent in which he is feeling it. Jack saw it too, I could tell. "Hey, Jack, could you..." I asked, gesturing into the office in the barn. He nodded and put the saddle he was carrying on Buddy's stall door. He walked in and looked at me, almost knowing what I was about to say. "Ty's drinking, isn't he." I said, not asking because I already knew it was true. Jack opened his mouth to talk but sighed instead. "Yeah. Yeah, I think so." He says, defeated. I nodded, taking my hat off. "Well, we've got to do something about it. He's already lost Amy and we both know he'll loose Lyndy and the rest of this family if he stays on the road." I say. Jack nods, shaking his head slightly. "We should have done more. We should have done more to help him!" Jack exclaimed. I shook my head. "No, Jack, don't do that to yourself. If Ty couldn't deal with this then he should have come to us for help. We couldn't have done anything. I know from experience." I say ruefully. Jack nods, but I know he blames himself for this. I put my hat back on and head to Champ's stall. "Hey boy, what'd you say we go for a ride." I mumbled as I racked him up, mounting him, and riding off.

Lyndy's POV:
Daddy was acting weird, and I think it's because he misses Mommy. I do too, but I wish he didn't act weird. I want to help, but every time I'm alone with him, he's always sick. Not puking, exactly, he mainly has a headache that makes him moody but sometimes he gets sick. I think Grandpa noticed, and GG. I wanted to go for a ride today, normally Mommy would. I decided against asking Daddy so I asked Georgie. "Can we go on a ride? Please?" I asked her as I walked into the barn. She was mucking out Phoenix's stall when I asked. She smiled. "Yeah, of course, do you want me to take up Monty for you?" She asked. I nodded and smiled. "Thank you Georgie." I ran into the house to grab my riding boots when I heard shouting. Loud shouts.

Jack's POV:
"I am not!" Ty yelled at me and Tim. Tim shook his head. "Yes you are! I don't think you've been sober for longer then a few hours for the last week. And then there's the missing money from your bank account? Yeah, I know about that, Amy gave me the bank details." Tim yelled. I took a deep breath. "Look, Ty, we can't blame you for this. Losing Amy was hard on everyone, but you need to be strong for Lyndy. If not for anyone else, be strong for her." I say calmly. Ty stumbled and shook his head. "No. I can't get better because there's nothing wrong!" He yells again. Tim clenched his fist. "Ty, don't lie to us. We know you're drinking to drown all this out." He snapped. Ty looked for words before taking a swing at Tim, missing miserably. Tim, when he took a swing, did not miss. "Ty, this isn't what you want your life to be like. Lyndy deserves to live in a safe house." I say as he rubs his jaw. He glared at me before storming towards the door, grabbing his keys from the table and bumping into Lyndy, who I only realised was standing at the door. I walked over to her. "How long were you standing there Sweetheart?" I ask her, lifting her up. "I only came in to get my boots." She whimpered. I kissed her cheek and went out to the porch. Ty was in his truck, swerving as it drove down then road and out of Heartland. "When's Daddy coming back?" Lyndy whispered beside me. I took a deep breath. "Soon, Sweetheart. Soon."

Author's Note:
I AM SO SORRY FOR A) NOT POSTING AND B) MAKING TY DRINK!! I've been dealing with a little bit of stuff In real life, I'm getting really under-pressure and overwhelmed so I haven't posted. I don't Ty would take to drink but I needed a turn in the story, I guess it was the only one i thought of. Thanks for reading