𝟔𝟑| 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩

Începe de la început

Sasha lifts her head, "Sorry, just finished the Captain's wound," informing us, she was at my side already to help with what she can. "What do you need me to do?"

Lena gestures to my stained sleeve, "Just roll up her sleeve for me, so we can get started,"

Sasha timidly reaches over, being rather hesitant. It wasn't as worse than I thought it was, when she slowly peels the damp sleeve from my arm. Grimacing in pain, a small hiss seethes through my teeth.

"It's gonna be hard stitching it up like this," I grunt out, seeing how awkward the material wouldn't budge any further up to where the bullet was. Some of the blood dried to my skin and the material, it was peeling painfully against the hairs on my skin.

"We might need to take her shirt off, along with the straps," Lena suggests, while I was hesitant at first not wanting to at first. Slowly sinking to the point of reality, I wanted this pain to go away. It was more or rather the scars that bared across my back; so many in fact that I was ashamed of them. 

Scoffing lightly, "What the heck? You won't be able to treat it anyway," I retort, jokingly while slowly unbuckling my top half of straps, then lifting the hem of my shirt. Grimacing at the slightest discomfort, made the air caught in my throat. Teeth clenched tightly, while holding in my straining cry of the pain intensifying, with every small movement I make.

Lena places a hand on mine, "Let me help," offering her help, she slowly pulls my shirt off. Finally after a few agonising seconds, I tug the shirt to cover my chest and plush torso. 

A small gasp leaves the young soldier, while hearing a heavy sigh coming from Lena. I've never shown these old wounds before, so Lena was taken back by this after years of being comrades.

"Corporal......" Sasha manages to utter out, as if she committed a sin.

Turning to the girls I arch an eyebrow, with a weak smile.

"You gonna treat my wound?" I ask quietly, ignoring what she's seen that marred across my flesh against my back. Too many to count, and so many to bear. I felt ashamed of them, but my body had many flaws all at once.

"Akira, what's---?" Lena's voice shakes, as if she's appalled by them. The lingering silence was enough to let them know, that it was something I wasn't comfortable in explaining yet. "S-Sorry, I........shouldn't have asked...."

She focuses back to my wound only to grimace at the sight, seeing how ghastly the bullet wound was.

My flesh was torn around seeing the size was about a inch or more, which was bigger than a usual bullet would be. Blood coats down my arm, not stopping at all with how deep and torn it was. Cursing under my breath, Sasha begins to try cleaning the wound first. Dipping the cloth into the water, she wrings it out before cleaning around it. 

Grinding my teeth, I knew the next step was to get the damn bullet out itself.

"Shit, the bullet is deep in there," Lena curses, while tenderly touching around the bloodied wound. She turns to Sasha, "Get me a cloth, she's gonna need to bite down something."

Sasha complies, rummaging through the bag finding some kind of cloth.

She finally appears before me and places it between my teeth, comfortably making sure I wouldn't break my teeth. Nerve Wracking as I was feeling in the pits of my stomach, it was bound to happen. Unpredicting as things are, today I wasn't sure what the outcome would have ended.

"Alright, let's start," Lena soft says, when Sasha plops herself in front of me holding her hands out. For a moment I was taken back, as her hands were greeting me for some kind of comfort. Slowly I place my hands in hers, awaiting for the pain to become unbearable.