Chapter 21: War of Hearts

Start from the beginning

"Oh you're awake," Niki's smirk increasingly widened at Rindo's icy glare. Violet eyes bored threateningly his direction as he was left kneeling next to the guy he knocked out.

Everyone other than the two captains immediately tensed and did not move a muscle. It was like a wild cat ready to attack the moment somebody breathed. Despite the very disadvantageous handicaps Rindo faced, it was clearly obvious that he could still handle himself in this situation.

"What the fuck do you want from me, Riki?" The blonde boy spat whilst an ever-growing irritation sprouted amongst the brunette, "Do you have a vendetta against me or something?"

"First of all, my name is Niki," said male formed an irk mark on his forehead, "Second, do you remember who I am?"

"Not really," Rindo instantly replied without hesitation which caused the other to feel even more agitated than he already was, "I don't even remember your name."

"Hah... what did I expect. I am not surprised you don't remember me..." the leader of Shibuya Shadow said, "After all, fighting people is probably a past time for you."

"Yeah, yeah, so how did I wrong you that you're taking vengeance on me?" Rindo mockingly questioned and rolled his eyes. He was getting more impatient by the second, "Do you want me to treat you to food to apologize? There's a great street vendor near the high school—"

"Stop taking this as a goddamn joke, Haitani!" Niki yelled and stomped his way over to the tall male who only grinned back at him, "You're the one who ruined my chances in the Yakuza. You and your friend Kakucho messed up my father's division and left me with nothing to gain."

There was a deafening silence as Rindo processed his words. His facial features screamed 'what the fuck?' as his violet eyes stared down the guy incredulously.

"Um, are you stupid or are you dumb?" The younger Haitani asked both genuinely and as a taunt, "I think I remember what you're talking about but shouldn't you also include Kakucho into this? I feel like I'm taking twice the blame. You know, I can call him if you like—?"

The hazel-eyed male gritted his teeth before he retracted his arm and released it— decking the notorious gangster in the jaw, "Although Kakucho was involved, it was specifically you that destroyed my faction. Because of you, I no longer have the position nor people to order around in the Yakuza. If anything, my rank plummeted and I started where I was at the beginning— the Yakuza's dog."

Rindo coughed out blood for a bit until one corner of his lips pulled upwards, "Tough shit, my guy... You should be glad. After I'm done dealing with you, you won't have anything at all."

The last string of patience Niki held to refrain his torture too early on broke as soon as Rindo uttered those words. A series of punches, kicks, and various other strikes landed on the blonde's body causing him to fall over to the floor. His eyes were closed but he was pretty sure others have joined in on the one-sided beating.

Soon enough, Rindo felt himself being pulled up by both arms. His skin was littered with blood, bruises, and the like, and yet, that did not faze him. His attitude still appears as if he was the victorious one which pissed off the Shibuya Shadow captain immensely.

"You're fucking dead, Haitani Rindo—"

Ring ring!