Chapter 21: War of Hearts

Start from the beginning

'Goddamn he really doesn't want me to get to the door...' the tall boy sarcastically thought as he rolled over to sit up.

Before Rindo could do that, however, a foot pushed against his chest and forced him still on the ground. Hazel eyes narrowed at his crippled form in disgust as they held onto their dislocated shoulder.

"You really don't like making this easier for me, do you, Haitani?" The individual muttered bitterly.

And with that, the brown-haired male swung the large stick he found once more onto the blonde's head— him falling unwillingly into unconsciousness.

|—~•~—|

Thump

Thump

Thump

'Fuck, my head's pounding,' Rindo thought.

All he saw were faint, moving lights behind the darkness as a high pitch ringing sounded in his ears. Forcing his eyelids open, the violet-eyed teen's vision tried to focus on his surroundings but couldn't get pass the blurred blobs floating around him. Soon, though, his hearing improved much faster than his sight and he picked up his name being thrown around, his brother's and... (y/n)'s...

'Shit...' Rindo thought and pretended to still be knocked out, 'I guess I got caught, huh? I let my guard down too much recently... I'm getting rusty.'

Despite the more-than-unfortunate position of helplessness he was left in, Rindo recovered relatively quickly when it came the next step in the predicament. He was already in the process on how to escape and deal with the people in the area. He just hoped that Shibuya Shadow were bluffing when it came to (y/n)'s safety.

Slightly peeking through his eyelashes, Rindo made out roughly twelve people through his blurry vision. He also noted something scratching his wrists— which was more than likely rope that kept his hands back— as he sat on pavement or cement.

'Wait...' he trailed off as his surroundings became clearer the more he blinked, 'This is Red Bullet's hideout. Hm... this area is pretty isolated so I can't just go call out for help.'

"So what do you want to do, Niki?" the familiar voice of Red Bullet's captain, Tanabe Ryota, spoke to the right of him, "You can't just have my men and I here all night waiting for Haitani to wake up, are you?"

"No, of course not, but I want to torture him as best as I could," a voice to his left said, to which he assumed was Shibuya Shadow's captain, Ogawa Niki. "In order to do that, I need the girl and his brother. Ran might destroy us before we get the chance so we need to find (l/n) (y/n) first. I want to break Haitani Rindo as soon as we do so."

"Then wake him up and start your shit now, dumbass," Ryota let out an unamused huff and took another hit off his cigarette.

"You're right," Niki smirked, "Goro, Katsu, Ren, go wake up Haitani Rindo."

'Shit,' Said male thought and did his best to stay as still as possible.

The three teenagers from (y/n)'s school approached closer and Rindo readied himself for the next plan of action. Observing through his lashes, the infamous delinquent watched as the more burly of the three cocked his arm back to punch him in the stomach; however, Rindo already maneuvered himself into a jiujitsu position. Using only his legs, the younger Haitani already locked the back of the guy's knees— letting him crash down on the floor with a pained grunt.