Pilot (1x01)

• • •

Scene 1

In the heart of New York City, we're at Avengers Tower. It's 8:00pm and the team is taking a break at Tony's bar.

Clint: Hey, guys. If you were on a deserted island and could bring 3 things with you, what would they be?

Natasha: That's easy. A boat, a cellphone, and food. That way, I'd have contact with others, I wouldn't starve, and I could get out of there.

Clint: *sticks his tongue out* BORING! You could have a whole island to yourself, and you'd want to escape.

Bruce: Well, it's always good to be around other people.

Natasha: See? Bruce gets it.

Tony: Oh, come on! He agrees with everything you say!

Bruce: *looks hurt* How so?

Clint: *mutters and smirks* He's scared of her...

Bruce: Am not!

Natasha: You're scared of me?

Bruce: I can't be. *fake growls, winks, and smiles*

Tony: *clears throat* Anyway... Clint's right. You should take advantage of it. You don't need people, people will DISTRACT YOU! *sips his scotch*

Thor: If I may chime in, would it not be a good idea to leave the island? I mean, I am unsure of what I would do if i was unable to communicate with my dear Jane Foster again.

Steve: Well, I'd have to agree with Nat. A civilized environment is better on your health.

Tony: *slams his scotch down on the table* IS NOT!

Natasha: Bruce, take care of him. He's drunk.

Bruce: Oh, okay, Natasha. *he gets up and sits next to Tony*

Tony: *stands up* I'M NOT DRUNK. You guys are just boring. *points to Natasha* YOU'RE BORING! *points to Steve* AND YOU'RE BORING! *points to Bruce* AND YOU'RE BORING! *points to Thor* AND YOUUU'RE BORRRINGGG!

Thor: *stands up and grabs his hammer* You dare speak to a god that way?

Tony: *raises his hands and steps back* Woah...

Steve: *puts his head down, trying to keep in his laughter*

Natasha: Calm down, big guy. He's just messing around. You're as interesting as the rest of us.

Thor: *scoffs and sits down*

Tony: *pulls Clint up to stand next to him* CLINT... Clint and I... We're gonna have our own island.

Clint: Yeah-heh-heah!

Tony: And it's gonna be better than yours. You know why? BECAUSE WE'LL ACTUALLY LIVE ON OURS!

Bruce: Tony, calm down...

Thor: What makes you think your island will be better than mine?

Tony: IT... It will.

Thor: *chuckles* Is that so?

Tony: Yeah, buddy. We're gonna name our island... BARK. Yeah. Barton and Stark- combiiined.

Natasha: Why not Staton? Bark just sounds like an island full of trees.

Tony: BECAUSE... Dammit! That makes more sense...

Steve: *laughs quietly*

Bruce: Tony, sit down.

Tony: *sits back down and holds his scotch in the air* TO STATON ISLAND!