failed experiment

Start from the beginning

Taehyun stared in shock while tears built in his eyes. The younger sounded like someone was cutting him in half, and there's nothing Taehyun can do about it but beg for them to stop hurting him so cruelly.

"Any reaction?" The boss asked while looking at the tube hanging from Kai's collarbone.

"Nothing..." the lady replied "I don't understand. We got so close last time"

The boss scuffed before slamming his hand on the table, it causing a loud noise that made Taehyun flinch back while Kai remained unresponsive. His screams died down a while ago and he went limped down again, looking worse than before.

"FUCK!"

"How should we proceed Sir?"

"Raise the chains" he commanded one of the guards that looked significantly older than the others, therefore probably more experienced and reliable.

He then approached a handle next to the door and pushed it down, raising the height of the chains slowly.

Kai groaned in pain as he was lifted higher, he tried again to move his legs but they were too injured to cooperate with him, his ankles still anchored to the floor.

"A little higher" the boss said.

The chains were raised a bit more until they heard a crack, and Kai bit his lip as to not make a sound.

His second shoulder just got dislocated.

"Stop!" Taehyun screamed, he couldn't take it anymore. With every scream, with every pained sound Kai made Taehyun felt his heart stop and pull against his chest.

"Just stop!" He screamed frantically, tears flowing from his eyes like two waterfalls.

"STOP HURTING HIM!" He screamed until his throat gave out and he just looked at Kai's broken figure with devastation.

He was sure he looked like a crazy person right now bit he didn't care, these people were breaking Kai for too long and he's not going to stand there watching without saying anything.

They once again, payed no mind to him, like he wasn't even in the room. But it made sense, if they could ignore Kai's heart wrenching screams like it was nothing, what stopped them from doing the same to him.

"Can't you hear me?! I said leave him alone! Fucking monsters!"

"Inject again"

............

The screams subsided for a while, and the boys sat in silence, afraid to discuss what they had heard.

Beomgyu complained about a headache caused from the smell and was advised by Soobin to take a small rest while he can, and was now asleep while leaning back on the wall.

"Junnie-ah..." Soobin dropped the honorifics like he sometimes does when it's just him and his Yeonjun.

"Yeah?" It took Yeonjun a few seconds to answer.

"I love you" Soobin said unprompted while looking into Yeonjun's warm, beautiful eyes.

Yeonjun, perplexed. Just stared at Soobin while a pink hue sneaked on his cheeks.

"I love you too" he replied shyly.

"No Junnie... I love you more. I love you more than anything in this world, I've loved you since the moment I saw you-"

"Binnie..." Yeonjun stopped him, already having an idea on where the conversation was going.

"Just- please let me say this" Soobin said while looking at Yeonjun with pleading eyes.

"Soobin we're going to make it-"

"I feel the bullet burning inside me Junnie, it hurts" Soobin admitted, and his bottom lip quivered.

"It hurts Hyung... and I can't take it out."

"It hurts so bad"

A few tears escaped Yeonjun's eyes and he shook his head as a sign of protest.

"You're my angel Junnie. You've taught me how to love, how to feel like a normal person. Everytime I'd wake up I'd thank to God for sending you to me. I love you too much my Jun...... but you deserve every bit of it."

"No....."

"If I don't make it-"

"No, you will. You have to"

"If I don't... I just want you to know that I- I'm going to miss you Junnie"

Yeonjun burst into tears, and Soobin felt a pang of guilt in his heart. But he knew he did the right thing...

"I'm sleepy Hyung..."

...........

"Boss, I don't think the serum works anymore" the lady said after a few more failed injections.

"Yes. That's what I had suspected, they spoiled our subject too much, and there's not enough time for us to go through the entire process again"

"What are you suggesting Sir?" The elder guard asked.

The boss turned around, gesturing towards clueless Taehyun whose eyes widened the minute they all turned their heads at him.

"Our plan B"

.........

Author here!

Can all the silent readers show themselves a bit and comment too?👉👈

I want to hear yall's thoughts